DS4Windows 2.0 Update Introduces Several Improvements
DS4Windows, the popular app that allows easy pairing of Dual Shock controllers on PC, recently received a brand new update.
The new 2.0 update introduces some major changes which improve the experience considerably. The interface has been improved and the macro editor expanded, just to mention the biggest improvements.
The full DS4Windows 2.0 update notes can be found below.
- Re-wrote GUI classes to use Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) instead of Windows Forms
- More utilization of data binding in application. More use of custom events for ControlService
- Added application file logger
- Refactored macro editor
- Changed Run as Task routine. Old routine will be replaced, if it exists, upon the first run of version 2.0.0
- New translation system is in place. Currently, only English and Japanese language packs are available. Looking for volunteers to provide updated translations for other language packs
- Re-written auto profile routine
- Snappier program and mapper routine
- Many other changes
DS4Windows 2.0 can be downloaded from its release page.
DS4Windows has been for a long time the only way to reliable use Dual Shock controllers on PC. The app is still the best solution for games that do not have native DS4 support.
SIMPLE & CLEAN UI
Since the idea is to get your controller ready for games, The UI was made to make to be quick to pick up. Once first launched, the tool takes you through the setup, gives you a default profile and you're ready to go, or if you choose you can change things to your heart's content.
TONS OF OPTIONS
From control mapping, to touchpad sensitivity, to macros, to rainbow lightbar, to motion controls, to special actions triggered by pressing multiple actions, to launching a program with profiles, there are plenty of settings to play around with.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter