Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen Coming To PC In January 2016
PC gamers who love roleplaying titles have been waiting to hear this for a long time: Capcom has announced today that Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen will land on Steam early next year, specifically on January 15, 2016!
The Japanese developer has also shared an overview of what players can expect in terms of features and content:
For the first time ever, the popular and critically acclaimed Dragon’s Dogma ™ series is coming to PC with Dragon’s Dogma™: Dark Arisen in January 2016. The game contains all the content from the original Dragon’s Dogma plus the additional content from its sequel, including the Bitterblack Isle area, filled with challenging new enemies and quests, and additional high level weapons and armour sets. Along with its stunningly high resolution graphics and full Steam platform support, this is the ultimate franchise experience for PC players.
Set in a huge open world, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen presents a rewarding action combat experience. Players embark on an epic adventure in a rich, living world with three AI companions, known as Pawns. These partners fight independently, demonstrating prowess and ability that they have developed based on traits learnt from each player. PC users can share these Pawns online and reap rewards of treasure, tips and strategy hints for taking down the terrifying enemies. Pawns can also be borrowed when specific skills are needed to complete various challenging quests.
• Dynamic combat experience – Cut off the four heads of a Hydra, climb atop griffins and fight airborne, or defeat dragons and other creatures by finding out their weaknesses.
• Tons of content – Includes everything from the original game, plus the sequel. Features the highly praised combat experience and rich customisation, plus a huge underground realm to explore with terrifying monsters.
• Customisation options galore – Nine different vocations for players to choose from with a variety of skill options for each, armour that can be upgraded and enhanced, plus Pawn companions that can be trained to fit your desired combat style.
• Stunning visuals – Beautiful high res graphics with increased fidelity.
• Full Steam platform support – Including Steam Achievements and the ability to play using both Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers, plus the traditional keyboard and mouse control scheme.
There are also five accompanying screenshots that will show you Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen in this PC incarnation. Since the game originally came out two years ago on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, we can expect the requirements to be low, with powerful PCs probably able to run it at 4K and high frame rate.