Doctor Who: The Edge of Time Gameplay Trailer Takes you Across Space and Time
"I know everything hasn't been quite right with me, but I can assure you now, very confidently, that it's going to be all right again. I feel much better now. I really do." Wrong film? Okay. "I'll be back." No? Damn. Well, it looks like we best just "EXTERMINATE" this introduction and get onto talking about Doctor Who: The Edge of Time. What exactly is that? Well, as we wrote about earlier this year, it's a 'fully-featured' VR title in development by Maze Theory for Oculus, Vive and PSVR.
It also seems like it's actually canon, or at least within the immediate world of Doctor Who, with the Doctor herself being voiced by Jodie Whittaker. As the new gameplay trailer shows, you - as the Doctor - will be visiting Victorian London, explore an Egyptian temple and even escape from a stranded spaceship. So far, so Doctor Who, all we need now are a few Daleks.
As for the general outline of the game, here's what it has to say for itself and the features within:
With multiple references to the series and its 55-year history, Doctor Who: The Edge of Time combines action, adventure and sci-fi, equipping players with the Sonic Screwdriver to solve mind-bending puzzles, escape treacherous environments and come face-to-face with classic Doctor Who monsters, all within virtual reality. Escape from Weeping Angels, face off against brand-new creatures and pilot a Dalek shell to harness its fearsome weaponry in a thrilling and immersive single-player adventure!
- Become part of Doctor Who - a thrilling single-player adventure developed by Sony London alumni (VR Worlds, The London Heist, Blood and Truth), Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time will immerse players in Doctor Who like never before as they travel across space and time to save reality.
- Wield the Sonic Screwdriver - with exhilarating moment-to-moment gameplay, wield the Sonic Screwdriver to solve fiendish puzzles and traverse a dangerous universe full of challenges, enemies and wonder.
- Stunning cinematic visuals - from the Dalekanium of a Dalek’s shell, to the stone-cold terror of a Weeping Angel, experience stunning visuals that bring the show to life!
- Doctor Who talent - featuring Jodie Whittaker as the voice of the Doctor and Nicholas Briggs as the voice of the Daleks, in a story written by Gavin Collinson, Digital Producer for Doctor Who and Writer
- Oculus Quest support - experience the next level of immersion with Oculus Quest, as you explore the Doctor Who universe without boundaries in untethered virtual reality
As for the trailer, you can see it below.