CSGO Reanimated, Receives Update to Animations and New Weapon Buffs
Contributed by Simon den Bekker
Last night a new update was released for CSGO. The main goal for this update was to improve upon the look with new animations for every action a player can do. There are new animations for planting, defusing, climbing ladders and moving characters.
CSGO has been reanimated with weapon buffs and an improved hit-box as well.
Not only have the animations have changed, but also the hit-boxes have been adjusted so it's easier to actually hit your enemy, especially in laggy environments and servers. Crucially, the planting animation has been adjusted so you actually hit the enemy when you aim at their body, something that has been buggy at best before this update.
With these changes are also some changes to weapons. Most notably the M4A1-S, which is the most used rifle on the Counter-Terrorist side, has been subjected to nerfing; the rate of fire has been reduced, the spray pattern is different and it has less armor penetration. The cost of the Zeus (Taser) has been reset to $100 again (so prepare yourself for some more troll video’s) and it actually makes sense to buy one now because of its 1 hit kill potential.
This basically sums up the new update. I suggest that if you have CSGO yourself that you go and check it out, it makes a world of difference from the old animations.
The full release notes can be found here if you feel obliged to take a look. The full patch notes are also posted below, for those less willing to checkout the CSGO website.
[ ANIMATION / GAMEPLAY ]
– Replaced all player body animations (Existing character models retained for demo compatibility)
– Replaced all world model weapon animation
– Updated shared player skeleton
– Re-rigged all player model geometry and player scaffold animation
– Updated animation networking to continually synchronize animation state instead of periodically latching
– Player animation sequence selection is now server-initiated
– Added new player states including bomb defusal and ladder climb poses
– Added thirdperson weapon deploy animations to more accurately represent viewmodel deploy state
– Extended all vertical aim matrix ranges to encompass the majority of vertical aim pitch so weapons line up precisely to firing angle
– Added reverse-bone-merge animation support so weapon models can store and play independent animation on the player holding them
– Added support for arbitrary numbers of articulated mechanical parts on world weapon models
– Updated weapon world model articulation points, bodygroup presets, holster positions and reverse-bone-merge skeletons
– Added physics motion to holstered attachment weapon locations
– Added support for non-polygonal capsule-shaped hit volumes, defined by a line segment and radius
– Replaced shared hitboxes with new capsule-based set
– Rebuilt player ragdoll angular constraints, physics hulls, and interaction pairs
– Ragdolls now assume more exact pose of their parent player on physics init
– Re-built animation statemachine to support blending locomotion over any weapon aim or action poses
– Enabled support for dynamic player animation layer re-ordering
– Sequence blendlayers now correctly contribute to computed cyclerate
– Added defuser cables and multimeter model
– Added hlmv support for capsule rendering, submodel attachment previewing, ragdoll constraint limit and bone name rendering, plus numerous small fixes
– Added model format support for named bodygroups, combined physics hulls, activity modifiers and animation system specific metadata
[ UI ]
– Fixed a bug where the mini-scoreboard armor/helmet information was not displaying for coaches
– Added sv_show_voip_indicator_for_enemies server convar. If set, it will make it so the ‘voice chat’ icon shows over enemy players as well as allies when they are using their microphone.
– Added sv_showbullethits feature to visualize server-confirmed hits and near-misses on listen servers
[ RENDERING ]
– Fixed improper stencil state in glow pass rendering
[ GAMEPLAY ]
– Added dynamic player culling to prevent players and weapons poking through thin walls and revealing their position
— Reduced price
— Reduced armor penetration
— Reduced ROF
— Increased base spread
– Zeus x27
— Reduced price to $100
– Dual Berettas
— Increased armor penetration
— Increased range modifier
[ GOTV ]
– Added viewmodel position lerp to gotv camera transitions
[ OVERWATCH ]
– Players can now report enemies for anti-competitive griefing (i.e. deliberately losing).