Counter-Strike: Source gets a huge makeover, on sale for $7
One of Valve's top selling online FPS games and most popular franchises in the world known as Counter-Strike: Source has gone years with the same system used by Counter-Strike 1.6, but Valve changed everything with one huge update which i am calling Counter-Strike: Source 2.0. The game has gone through many changes which are in modern day games made by Valve such as the addition of Achievements and MVP (Most Valued Players).
Here is a complete list of changes:
* 144 achievements added
* New lifetime player stats and summary screens
* New match player stats and summary screens
* New end of round display with MVP and interesting fact about a player
* Updated scoreboard with new icons, visual style, MVP stars, and avatar pictures
* New cinematic death camera
* New domination and revenge system
* Added avatar icons to voice chat, scoreboard, and end of round display
* Incorporated many source engine updates
* Disallowed the use of arbitrary command strings for the message of the day screen. Now only a specific list of commands is allowed.
* Addressed issue in which AWPs and Scouts sometimes did not make the zooming sound.
* cvar mat_showlowresimage is now a cheat command.
* Many development console commands which would crash the server removed.
* Updated source engine addresses many issues:
* Better flashlight effect
* Better HDR behavior
* Multicore rendering support
* Added sv_disablefreezecam cvar to turn off the freezecam on a server.
* Added sv_nonemesis cvar to turn off domination/revenge on a server.
* Added sv_nomvp cvar to turn off MVP stars on a server.
* Added sv_nostats cvar to turn off stats on a server.
* Removed -tickrate command line option and defaulted tick rate to 66 rather than 33. This addressed a number of issues, including:
o Tick rate affecting how fast doors open / close
o Tick rate causing players hitting the ground to stutter
o Tick rate affecting the firing mechanisms of certain guns
* Added the following cvars to allow players to customize their scoreboards.
* Changed the screen that appears when the message of the day fails to load to display proper error text.
* Made the CT silhouette for the auto-select option in the Choose a Class screen smaller and corrected its aspect ratio.
* Addressed a problem that occasionally caused characters to be colored incorrectly on the Change a Class screen.
* Made ladders easier to climb. Added cvars sv_ladder_dampen and sv_ladder_angle.
* Fixed issue that awarded three points when the bomb explodes after the round ends by elimination criteria instead.
* Fixed issue in which you weren’t given credit for grenade damage if you fired a weapon at someone then hit them with a grenade (in that order). Also fixed problem in which grenading a player and then killing them with another weapon showed as ‘*** in 1’ on console.
* There’s now a priority order for displaying win conditions when multiple win conditions are set.
* If timelimit exists and is not 0, then show timelimit.
* If timelimit does not exist, show maxrounds if not 0.
* If both timelimit and maxrounds are 0, show winlimit.
* If timelimit, maxrounds, and winlimit are all 0, show nothing.
* Added a cvar to ignore win conditions: mp_ignore_round_win_conditions.
What's even better? the game is at a 66% sale for only $7 you can own a $20 game!!!!! So if your going to buy ONE legit game this year make sure its this one. with all the new changes and MAC support I am sure new comers and previous fans of the game will definitely not be disappointed
Here is a cool looking page which shows all the additions done by Valve to the game.
To buy the game head on over HERE