Become A Cold War Spy In Alekhine’s Gun, Due November 10
One would think that becoming a spy could be a popular theme in videogames, but in truth there are few games who really allow you to be one.
Maximum Games comes to the rescue with a Cold War based action/adventure titled Alekhine's Gun.
It is the height of the Cold War, a time of global uncertainty and civil unrest. You are Agent Alekhine, a highly skilled Russian assassin working alongside American CIA agents in a covert operation unsanctioned by the country you have served.
With the tension of a nuclear standoff growing with each passing minute, your mission is clear…though how you accomplish it is anything but.
Only one thing is certain: Time won’t stop, and it’s too late to go backward. As you unravel the conspiracy unfolding in front of your very eyes, the fate of America, and quite possibly the world, lies within your hands.
ALEKHINE'S GUN FEATURES
11 Open Game Levels
- Intriguing European, U.S., and Cuban locations
- Explore multiple routes, hidden rooms, and numerous methods to execute assignments
Choose Your Play Style
- Infiltrate enemy bases, steal documents, eliminate conspirators, and stage “accidents”
- Use disguises, silent takedowns, poisons, firearms, knives, wire garrote, and a variety of other weapons to accomplish missions
Maximize Your “Stealth Ranking”
- Gain higher rankings based on your ability to successfully complete levels without being detected
- Earn specialized weapons to dispose of enemies
Experience Stylized, Period-Correct “Film Noir” Cutscenes
- Glimpse the attitudes and motivations behind main characters through expressive artwork and voiceovers
- Obtain historical perspective and insight into the story’s plot
According to the E3 interview embedded below, the events in the game lead up to the assassination of John Fitzgerald Kennedy, though it is unknown how this specific event impacts the fictional protagonist.
The interviewed developer also admits that the team loves Hitman, which was clearly an inspiration for this game. Alekhine's Gun will allow open ended exploration, with no clear-cut path to the objective.
Alekhine's Gun will be available from November 10 for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. In the meantime, check the gallery for more screenshots.