Clips and GarageBand for iOS Receive ‘Educational’ Updates – Here’s What is New [Changelog]
Apple, at its 'Field Trip' event, promised that it would update its GarageBand and Clips apps on iOS. The company has fulfilled its promise and here's everything that is new.
Clips and GarageBand Updated with Educational Stuff - Find Out What is New
During its educational event a while back, Apple made it abundantly clear that it was going to take things a little seriously going forward. In fact, apart from announcing new stuff, the company went ahead and updated its current, existing lineup of software with features that fit right into an educational environment. Interestingly, GarageBand and Clips for iOS are part of those updates and the latest builds are available for download right now.
GarageBand for iOS
• New downloadable “Toy Box” sound pack with free educational sound effects, including animals, vehicles, and counting to ten in different languages
• Use facial expressions and the TrueDepth camera for hands-free control over musical effects like guitar wah and synth parameters*
• Adds Modern Wah guitar stompbox effect
• Provides stability improvements and bug fixes
* Requires iPhone X. GarageBand uses ARKit face tracking features to translate your facial expressions into instrument effect controls. Your face information is processed on device, and only music is captured during your performance.
Download GarageBand for iOS [App Store link]
Clips for iOS
• Four additional Live Title styles featuring new fonts, colors, and layouts
• Four new animated labels with vibrant colors and editable text
• Nine new animated stickers including hand-drawn arrows, scribbles, circles, and underlining
• Eleven new Apple-designed posters for creating animated title cards, including education-themed blackboard and notebook designs
• Two new Selfie Scenes on iPhone X from Disney•Pixar that put you in the “Finding Dory” reef and on the Scare Floor from “Monsters, Inc.”
• Drop shadows have been added to some labels to improve visibility against light backgrounds
• Fixes an issue that could prevent photos stored in iCloud Photo Library from displaying correctly in Clips projects
• Improved stability when deleting projects
Download Clips for iOS [App Store link]