Bloodborne New Patch Update Resolves The Games’ Biggest Issue
From Software's Bloodborne is a role playing action game which made its way on to PlayStation 4 platform last month. The PS4 exclusive has been a welcome game after the mixed sentiments on the last release of The Order: 1886. The game has so far done well in reviews and is a good title to have in terms of value for money and playability (i.e. if you like dark alley games). The latest news regarding the most recent PS4 exclusive is that Bloodborne has received a new patch upgrade that has solved one of the biggest in game problems.
Bloodborne 1.03 Patch Update Reduces Load Time Immensely
The biggest issue of Bloodborne has been resolved. The games' load time which previously was a tiring 45+ seconds has been reduced to 10-15 seconds thanks to the game developers. Although the exact load time can still vary in the range north of 15 seconds, now the wait has been made a bit more productive by the team as it now gives you a description of items and object within the game while loading, rather than a blank screen saying Bloodborne.
You can download the latest game update by pressing options on Bloodborne in the PS4 homepage and then select "check for updates." The update adds also fixes some other bugs, you can view the complete patch notes below:
- Reduced loading times (approx. 5-15 seconds; may vary by circumstance)
- Fixed bug that left certain lifts and elevators inoperable
- Fixed bug that resulted in bosses becoming immobilized
- Fixed bug that left players unable to advance NPC events during multi-play
- When the PS4 is put into Rest Mode during online play, the game will now return to the main title screen upon resuming play. This will resolve matchmaking issues related to Suspend/Resume.
- Other various bug fixes
Points updates and not mentioned in the list, according to Gamepur, are:
- Loading screens now show items and their descriptions instead of the black screen with Bloodborne logo
- The bug that prevented the player from using custom body types in the character creator has reportedly been fixed.
The PlayStation Europe page on Twitter has also updated users about the new patch via a tweet:
Bloodborne Update 1.03 now available. Reduces load times, prevents elevator issues, and stops boss behaviour problems & other bug fixes
— PlayStation EU @ E3 (@PlayStationEU) April 23, 2015
And confirmations have been posted about the reduced load times by the fans:
"Can confirm, loading screens are much quicker. And being able to read things makes them even less painful."
"wow what a difference great job by them! the added lore is great and loading seems much faster maybe half the time"
"finally. Loading screens were more annoying than dying in this same place every time"
So you can go ahead and update your game to enjoy less load times! Do share your take on the update in the comments.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter