RIM (Research In Motion ) is preparing to roll out BIS 3.0 and upgrade from BlackBerry Internet Service v2.8 for North American users in coming weekend on March 28th. The BlackBerry Internet Service is designed to provide subscribers with access to email messaging, instant messaging, Internet browsing, and more. BlackBerry Internet Service subscribers can receive automatic delivery of email messages for up to ten email accounts on their BlackBerry smartphones.
New features include:
- Google Mail Account to BlackBerry smartphone synchronization of read, unread and sent email message status for new Google Mail integrations
- A plug-in which basically allow users to create and delete labels from the BlackBerry Smartphone. But do note that this plug-in requires BlackBerry® Device Software 4.5 or later and a Google Mail integration, using Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP), within BlackBerry Internet Service.
- Additional Language Support for Basque, Catalan, Galician, Romanian.
- Increased Attachment Compatibility for OpenDocument Presentations (.odp), OpenDocument Spreadsheets (.ods), OpenDocument Text (.odt), OpenDocument Text Templates (.ott), & Windows Media Audio (.wma)
- Extensible Hypertext Markup Language (xHTML) Support for non Thick Clients
- Device Switch Revalidation
- Hosted Email Address Passwords
- Send Delivery Receipts