New Battle for Azeroth Patch 8.1 Hotfix Nerfs Unholy Death Knights, Balance Druids and Elemental Shamans in PvP
Blizzard has rolled out a new WoW: Battle for Azeroth patch 8.1 hotfix which includes some nerfs to Unholy Death Knights, Elemental Shamans and Balance Druids in PvP.
After the recent buffs to Feral Druids and Frost Mages in both PvP and PvE, a new patch 8.1 Tides of Vengeance hotfix lowers the damage of various skills for the abovementioned specs in player-versus-player settings.
The release notes for this hotfix have been included below:
December 20, 2018
Death Knight ◦Fixed an issue preventing Death and Decay from functioning properly when cast in the same area by multiple Death Knights.
Player versus Player
(Requires restarts) Adjusted matchmaking to help alleviate high queue times at high ratings.
- Melee damage dealt by Abominations summoned by Raise Abomination reduced by 25%.
- Attack speed of Abominations summoned by Raise Abomination reduced by 25%.
- Necrotic Strike now absorbs 7% of the target’s maximum health in healing (was 8%).
- Starsurge damage reduced by 10% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
- Arcanic Pulsar (Azerite Trait) effectiveness reduced by 60% when engaged in combat with enemy players (was previously reduced by 50%).
- Lightning Lasso now lasts 5 seconds (was 6) and deals 40% of the target’s maximum health in damage (was 48%).
- Lava Shock (Azerite Trait) effectiveness reduced by 60% when engaged in combat with enemy players (was previously reduced by 50%).
- Stormkeeper now increases Lightning Bolt damage by 125% when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 150%).
Alliance players should now be able to reliably hide in Conveniently Empty Baskets during Assaults in Vol'dun.
Patch 8.1 Patch of Vengeance, the first major content update for Battle for Azeroth, was released on the live servers last week.
World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth is available globally now for PC.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter