Assetto Corsa – Stunning PC Simulator Making its Way to Consoles
505 Games announced today a partnership with Assetto Corsa developer Kunos Simulazioni to publish the racing simulator Assetto Corsa on PS4 and Xbox One next year.
You can view the PS4/XBox One trailer below:
Assetto Corsa New Features:
- Over one hundred high-performance cars, including the Team Lotus 98T, the Pagani Zonda R, the Ferrari LaFerrari, the Mercedes C9 and the McLaren MP4-12C GT3.
- Over twenty different track configurations, including famed courses such as Silverstone Circuit, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Autodromo Nazionale Monza, and Nürburgring-Nordschleife.
- Single and Multiplayer racing modes, with customizable Race Weekends, preset Challenges or full-scale Career Mode.
- Refined race-craft AI, with up to twenty-four cars competing for the podium places in the PC version of the game.
- While many that don’t know this title will possibly wonder about having another racing game on console, Assetto Corsa actually differs from the rest, as it’s as close to a simulator as we’ll probably get on PS4 and Xbox One.
505 Games released a set of beautiful screenshots from the PS4/Xbox One versions, which can be viewed in the gallery below:
Based in Rome, Kunos Simulazioni is a development studio specializing in the creation of business simulators for the most influential Italian automotive companies – including Ferrari. This collaboration diversifies 505 Games’ product portfolio with the addition of a high-octane adrenaline pumping racing title.
Assetto Corsa will be making its E3 debut this year showcasing brand new PC content, and will be released on PS4 and XBOX One in 2016. Assetto Corsa is available now for PC download via STEAM.
Assetto Corsa has received critical acclaim with its release on PC.
Some of the publications praising the title can be viewed below:
IGN Italia describes Assetto Corsa:
"Assetto Corsa is a shining masterpiece of virtual motorsport, a new standard for the future of driving simulators."
"Assetto Corsa is the Stradivari, the lasagna, and the Ferrari 250 GTO of video games: pure, crystalline Italian excellence. A new milestone for driving simulations."
"Assetto Corsa's laser focus on the driving experience works wonders - and when it comes to replicating that simple, brilliant pleasure, there's no other game right now that does it better."
"Assetto Corsa is a wonderful racing simulator."
"We find ourselves in front of what will be, for the next few years, the benchmark for driving simulations and modders on PC."
Assetto Corsa is currently available on Steam and will be making its way to consoles in 2016. We will bring you any new information on Assetto Corsa and its presence at E3 2015 as soon as it becomes available.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter