Assetto Corsa New Patch V1.2 Adds 5 New Cars, 1 New Track and Improves AI
KUNOS Simulazioni has released a new update for Assetto Corsa which adds a new track, 5 cars, and several improvements and enhancements. The update will be auto-downloaded from Steam. You can view the complete changelog below.
Assetto Corsa – Patch 1.2 Changelog:
- Balanced interior and exterior volume for all cars
- Updated Fmod example project
- Updated Fmod pipeline document
- Fixed some rare FMod crashes
- Fixed bodywork sound when stand still for some cars
- Fixed typos for career descriptions
- Fixed Ferrari 458 and Giulia GTA sound pan
- Fixed flags position for triple screens users
- Fixed replay doesn’t show smoke
- Fixed sun visible through barriers
- Fixed flying crew at Mugello
- Fixed delay before gear shift recognised
- Fixed keyboard controller and mouse steering
- Fixed rare pit stop repair bug when clutch is pressed
- Fixed wrong player is selected in the drivers list
- Fixed showroom crashes with Motion Blur enabled
- Fixed tyre blankets weird behaviour
- Fixed front wheels size on Lotus Evora
- Fixed Pagani Huayra broken mirror
- Fixed missing BMW M3 Gt2 rear tow
- Fixed cars already damaged starting a gameplay session at Ring
- Fixed BMW M3 e92 red patch on headlights
- Fixed P4/5 Competizione static calipers
- Fixed 599xx Evo weird LOD effect
- Fixed blurred rims missing from LOD C on some cars
- Fixed fuel calculator on Setup UI
- Fixed 500 Abarth skin issues
- Fixed pit crew panels in Chevy C7r and Nissan GT-R GT3.
- Fixed some broken Steam achievements
- BMW 1M has stock liveries; the previous ones are assigned to the S3 version
- Added FOV system message when using +/- to change the value ingame
- Added visual indication for suggested eyes position and actual eye position for Driver Eyes Positioning app
- Added “Auto Pos” button in Driver Eyes Positioning app to automatically move the eyes position to the suggested value
- Added Exposure system message when PGUP/PGDOWN are used to change the value ingame
Improved AI. AI cars can and will overtake slower cars, lose their stability easier, can oversteer occasionally.
- Tyres now have a short name that is visualized on the classification, so that players can know which tyres the AI is using. TYRES SHORT NAMES SV= Street Vintage ST= Street SM= Semislicks SS= Slicks SuperSoft S= Slicks Soft M= Slicks Medium H= Slicks Hard SH= Slicks SuperHard HR= Hypercar Road I= Intermediate V= Vintage
- Fixed tyre – kerb hard collisions
- Adjusted realigning forces from tyres.
- Active differentials
- New Alfa Romeo Mito Quadrifoglio Verde
- New Audi Sport Quattro
- New Lamborghini Miura SV
- New Nissan GT-R Nismo
- New Toyota GT-86
- New Zandvoort circuit
- New interior soundset for 500 Abarth (shared with Alfa MiTo and Tatuus FA01)
- Added dynamic controllers to drivetrain (Nissan GT-R Nismo)
- Added FF low speed reduction factor to avoid oscillations when the car is stationary. (check system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini [LOW_SPEED_FF]]
- Multiplayer – Added checksum checks for tracks using the new config system
- Multiplayer – Removed “Track List” feature from AC Server
- Multiplayer – Added “IS_OPEN” key to “[RACE]” to lock new players from joining a race. 0=CLOSED, only players coming from the previous sessions are allowed in. 1=OPEN, players can join during a race. 2=OPEN DURING WAIT TIME, players are allowed to join during the wait time only
- Multiplayer – Fixed collision not triggering correct samples
- Multiplayer – Added weather settings to the server side
- Multiplayer – Fixed tyres glued to the road for cars without animated suspensions
- Multiplayer – Added possibility to limit tyre choice
- Multiplayer – Added Server Plugin Auth system to AC Server for customized user authentication. AUTH_PLUGIN_ADDRESS in server_cfg.ini
- Multiplayer – Added Server UDP Plugin for realtime data input/output from AC Server (check example C# application and UDP_PLUGIN_ADDRESS in server_cfg.ini)
- Multiplayer – It is now possible to complete last lap during Qualify & Practice
- Multiplayer – Fixed /client_list not showing local car ID
- Multiplayer – Added first ballast implementation (use /ballast [carid] [kg] in the chat as admin or entry list)
- Multiplayer – At the end of a race now the system goes “Race Control” view with leaderboard and chat
- Multiplayer – Exit button in ESC menu is now at safe distance from the others
- Multiplayer – Added option to force virtual mirror ON from AC Server
- Multiplayer – Added acServerManager into server folder.
- Added realtime “relative” time app
- Added glowing brakes graphics effect. [DISCS_GRAPHICS] in brakes.ini
- DRS can now be turned off with the DRS button and not only by braking
AI grip on corner exit is now more realistic
- Improved loading time ~1s faster per car
- Game timing is now using high resolution timer unless a drift is detected and the timer is switched to 1ms resolution. This improves FPS CAPS and general fluidity
- Tyres and rims now stay blurred when replay is paused
- Auto shifter has now its own dedicated section in drivetrain.ini [AUTO_SHIFTER] and does not share it with AI any more
- Air density calculation is now using temperature as input
- Proximity indicator now scales with resolution
- AI now properly brakes in time to hit 80Kmh in the pitlane
- Fixed discs object not properly switched with LODS
- Better driver gearshift preload on first gear
- Fixed strong tyre vibration around 40 kmh
- Added EBB (electronic brake balance) support
- Removed user FF damper settings from GUI and setups. FF damping is only used for stationary cars (hard steering wheel feel) and it is controlled by wheel drivers
- Removed limits from Driver Eyes Positioning app
- Kers is now recharged in pits
- AI is not using “Trail Hint” anymore
505 Games announced a partnership with Assetto Corsa developer Kunos Simulazioni to publish the racing simulator Assetto Corsa on PS4 and Xbox One next year.
Assetto Corsa New Features:
- Over one hundred high-performance cars, including the Team Lotus 98T, the Pagani Zonda R, the Ferrari LaFerrari, the Mercedes C9 and the McLaren MP4-12C GT3.
- Over twenty different track configurations, including famed courses such as Silverstone Circuit, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Autodromo Nazionale Monza, and Nürburgring-Nordschleife.
- Single and Multiplayer racing modes, with customizable Race Weekends, preset Challenges or full-scale Career Mode.
- Refined race-craft AI, with up to twenty-four cars competing for the podium places in the PC version of the game.
- While many that don’t know this title will possibly wonder about having another racing game on console, Assetto Corsa actually differs from the rest, as it’s as close to a simulator as we’ll probably get on PS4 and Xbox One.
Assetto Corsa is currently available on Steam and will be making its way to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2016. We will bring you any new information on Assetto Corsa as soon as it becomes available.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter