ARK: Survival Evolved Gets Massive Mod-made Map
ARK: Survival Evolved has seen a massive size increase with the official inclusion of a modder made map.
The Centre was created by modder Ben Burkhart as part of Studio Wildcard’s Official Mods Program and is available to everybody who owns the game on PC and Xbox One.
The new massive massive map doubles the in-game playable geography of the already enormous ARK landscape making it about 70 sq. kilometers.
Jeremy Stieglitz, co-founder, lead designer, Studio Wildcard, said:
“With 'The Center,' players are presented with a gorgeous fantasy geography that provides a distinctly different feel and perspective from the traditional ARK Island, and it is simply stunning in size and imagination.
“The ARK modders are developing a ton of fun, creative content that, up until now, only the PC community has been able to enjoy. By selecting the most innovative high-quality mods and adding them into the main game, we’re able to make this amazing content available to console players as well.”
As well as the new map, today's Xbox One update includes a number of other features. The full list of changes includes:
- Added all content up through PC patch v240 (includes such things as Broodmother Arena, Megapithecus Arena, Direbear, Manta, Chem Table, Prim Cannon, Lystrosaurus, Arthropluera, Sabertooth Salmon, Primitive Bola, Tribe Rank Management, and more!)
- Fixed memory/crash issues, massively reduced game memory overhead
- Improved rendering performance by approximately 10%
- Fixed the huge stall/lock/crash when you "Transfer" a bunch of items at once
- Spawn-In First Person Animations are now playing properly once again
- ADDED The Center Official Mod Map! Doubles the playable game area of ARK, with all new adventures -- added Official The Center servers supporting up to 100 simultaneous players!
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter