AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Features & Benchmarks Leaked – Delivers Up To 19% Performance Uplift
AMD is only days away from launching the all new Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition driver package as a holiday gift to all Radeon users. Adrenalin Edition is the company's latest update to Radeon Software and is the fourth major installment to the company's GPU drivers since it began a yearly tradition back in 2014 of doing a major driver release at the end of every year.
Almost exactly a month ago we reported that AMD was working on a major driver project code named "Crimson Relive Redux". We also detailed some of the exciting new features that the software team was working on. Since then we've learned that the new driver will officially be called Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition via the company's formal announcement at the end of last month.
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Features & Benchmarks Leaked - Delivers Up To 19% Performance Uplift
Courtesy of videocardz.com, we've just gotten a taste of what Adrenalin will bring to the table, including more than a dozen new confirmed features and several gaming benchmarks that showcase some of the performance improvements that Adrenalin delivers.
Without any further ado, let's get into the juicy bits!
New/enhanced features include -- via videocardz -- :
AMD Link (mobile APP)
- Performance Monitoring
- Monitor and track your PC gaming performance.
- Bar graphs to monitor FPS and system info.
- Stay informed about Radeon Software
- Receive real-time notifications when Radeon Software updates are released
- Keep AMD Link up-to-date with the newest features and stability updates
- In-game control of Radeon Settings and PC performance monitoring (Press ALT+R to enable)
- Greater insight for better gaming
- FPS performance monitoring
- Convenient built-in performance logging
- Supported on DirectX 9, 11, 12 and Vulkan
- Manage, organize and upload your gaming memories
- Share your moments on social media
- Queue uploads to multiple social platforms
- View and trim your video captures
Enhanced Sync — What’s new:
- All Radeon GCN-based products
- Notebook products
- AMD Eyefinity Technology
- Easily save and load your own profiles
- Share your custom profiles
- Load community-driver profiles
Vulkan support for Frame Rate Target Control
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Gaming Performance Benchmarks
What's perhaps most impressive about the gaming performance improvements is that these figures were actually achieved on a Radeon RX 480 rather than Vega. Which shows that RTG hasn't suddenly lost focus on Polaris simply because Vega came out. This should make all Polaris owners very happy. We will obviously be testing the driver in-house as soon as we can get our hands on it. And rest assured that we will also run Vega through the gauntlet.
The new driver is expected to come out within the week.