Alienation PS4 Release Date Revealed On European PS Stores
The fast paced, top-down action game ‘Alienation’ for the PS4, has received a release date.
Alienation is the spiritual successor to Dead Nation, and is being developed by Housemarque. The developer is known for titles such RESOGUN, Super Stardust: Delta, Dead Nation and Super Stardust HD. The game was announced last year as an PS4 exclusive, and according Housemargue the new physical based rendering on the PS4, allows them to create great looking worlds.
“The engine is entirely new and having put our toes in the water with RESOGUN we already know a lot about what works really well on the GPU especially, and how to blow things up spectacularly. With our all new physical based rendering we will create great looking worlds and blow them up even more spectacularly!”
Some of the game’s key features:
- Unleash a devastating array of conventional, hybrid and Alien weaponry and eliminate the Alien masses with extreme firepower in massively destructible environments.
- Experiment with different player classes, upgrade key skills and customize weapons to create your own hero character that suits the way you play.
- Join forces online and show off your skills in action packed co-op multiplayer or invade other players’ games as a single minded mercenary bounty hunter.
- Collect loot and clues to discover the truth behind the Alien invasion.
- Track your kills and compare statistics against those of other players, and help players all around the world to stop the Aliens from taking over.
Being a spiritual successor, the game’s overhead view does look like that of Dead Nation. According to the developer though, the game’s different:
“All of the games are fun but I can only really speak in detail about Dead Nation and ALIENATION because I don’t work directly with the guys making Helldivers. In comparison to Dead Nation, the things I like most about ALIENATION are the fun and mayhem of 4 player multiplayer, the graphics, especially the destruction”
I guess we have to wait a few months before we actually witness the mayhem ourselves. For now, I suggest you check out this action-packed trailer of the game.