Age of Empires Definitive Edition To Release In February; Multiplayer Beta To Be Opened Up This Month
The classic RTS experience of Age of Empires is going to make a glorious comeback in modern PCs as Age of Empires Definitive Edition next month, Microsoft confirmed today.
On a post on Major Nelson's website, Creative Director at Microsoft Studios Adam Isgreen confirmed that Age of Empires Definitive Edition will be released worldwisde for Windows 10 PCs on February 20th for the price of $19.99. The game will come with plenty of new features that will improve the experience considerably.
For this Definitive Edition, we’ve made improvements like:
- Completely rebuilding assets for a modern 4K presentation
- Letting you play online with Xbox LIVE (in addition to LAN play)
- Re-recorded the original soundtrack with a new orchestral score
- Adding campaign narration for every mission
- Enhancing the campaign and scenario editor, which allows anyone to make original custom campaigns for the game, by letting players easily share them with other players around the world via AgeOfEmpires.com
If you're among those who cannot wait to try out Age of Empires Definitive Edition, it's also been confirmed that the multiplayer beta will be opened up. For more information about the beta, players can check out the game's official website.
Age of Empires Definitive Edition launches on February 20th for Windows 10 PCs.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter