WW2 RTS Sudden Strike 4 Announced for PC & PlayStation 4
Kalypso Media and Kite Games just announced Sudden Strike 4, a new entry in the real time strategy (RTS) franchise. The last installment, The Last Stand, released back in June 2010.
Sudden Strike 4 will launch on PC (Windows, Mac & Linux) and PlayStation 4 in Q2 2017. Simon Hellwig, Global Director of Kalypso Media, said:
Kalypso continues its tradition of reviving and invigorating classic titles and IPs, and the excitement surrounding the announce of Sudden Strike 4 cannot be understated. The team at Kite Games consists of many talented individuals with an outstanding pedigree with World War II RTS titles, and the commitment and passion they are pouring into Sudden Strike 4 confirms that Kite Games is the perfect partner to bring this revered series back to the forefront of the RTS community.
The game will have three different campaigns: one for the British-American, one for the German and one for the Soviet. Also, for the first time in the franchise it will be possible to choose one out of nine commanders such as George Patton or Bernard Montgomery; each commander will provide unique abilities while allowing for different approaches.
Here's a complete overview of the features:
- Sudden Strike 4 offers realistic real-time strategy gameplay with tactical depth and a historical setting
- Three campaigns with over 20 missions to test your tactical skills and determining the outcome of significant WWII battles
- As one of nine commanders, lead your army on the battlegrounds of the biggest military conflict in history
- Command more than 100 authentic units – including the Königstiger tank, the Katyusha rocket launcher and the Hawker Typhoon fighter plane
- Pit yourself against other commanders in the competitive multiplayer mode
- The PC version features modding support with Steam Workshop integration
Gamescom attendees may try Sudden Strike 4 at the Kalypso Media consumer stand (Hall 8.1 - C 40); we already have an appointment to check the game behind closed doors and will report on it afterwards.