Windows 10 Redstone 5 17735 Released – Brings Small Fixes and Improvements
As we reach the end of the line of the Windows 10 Redstone 5 development, we aren't expecting to see any new or exciting features coming with the new builds. Microsoft has just started rolling out Windows 10 Redstone 5 Preview Build 17735 to the Fast Ring Insiders.
Today's release confirms that the company is indeed done with the development as it has started to focus on bug fixing and performance improvements, getting away from trying out any new features. For the exciting features getting tested, we are looking at the Skip Ahead Insiders who are getting Preview Builds from Windows 10 2019 edition.
Windows 10 October 2018 Update is expected to be released in early October, later this year. Here is everything that is getting fixed with today's release.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC with Build 17735
- We fixed an issue resulting in Reveal not working in Build 17733, for example in Start or Settings.
- We fixed an issue resulting in links that launched one app from another app not working in the last few flights for some Insiders.
- We fixed an issue in Windows Mixed Reality where the voice command, “Flashlight on,” would fail to activate the flashlight feature.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Notepad’s “Search with Bing” feature searching for “10 10” instead of “10 + 10” if that was the search query. We also fixed an issue where accented characters would end up as question marks in the resulting search.
- We fixed an issue where Ctrl + 0 to reset the zoom level in Notepad wouldn’t work if the 0 was typed from a keypad.
- We fixed an issue where nearby sharing would become blocked on the sender device after canceling share to three different devices.
- Narrator Scan Mode has been improved to prevent multiple stops for a single control.
- We fixed the issue where Narrator said “Not a Narrator command” when navigating Win32 menu bar items.
- We removed the Windows alert sound when performing the Narrator Find command.
- We fixed the issue where Narrator got stuck at a word boundary when making a selection using select current and previous character.
Known issues in Windows 10 Redstone 5 17735
- Your PC will bugcheck (GSOD) when deleting a local folder that is synced to OneDrive.
- When you upgrade to this build you’ll find that the taskbar flyouts (network, volume, etc) no longer have an acrylic background.
- When you use the Ease of Access Make Text bigger setting, you might see text clipping issues, or find that text is not increasing in size everywhere.
- On Windows 10 in S Mode, launching Office in the Store may fail to launch with an error about a .dll not being designed to run on Windows. The error message is that a .dll “is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again…” Some people have been able to work around this by uninstalling and reinstalling Office from the Store.
- When using Narrator Scan mode Shift + Selection commands in Microsoft Edge, the text does not get selected properly.
- Narrator sometimes does not read in the Settings app when you navigate using Tab and arrow keys. Try switching to Narrator Scan mode temporarily. And when you turn Scan mode off again, Narrator will now read when you navigate using Tab and arrows key. Alternatively, you can restart Narrator to work around this issue.
- We’re investigating a potential increase in Start reliability and performance issues in this build.
- After setting up a Windows Mixed Reality headset for the first time on this build with motion controllers, the controllers may need to be re-paired a second time before appearing in the headset.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter