Windows 10 2020 Build 18965 Out for Fast Ring Insiders
Microsoft has released a fresh new build from Windows 10 2020 to Insiders in the Fast ring. Today’s Windows 10 20H1 Preview Build 18965 brings several bug fixes and general improvements, along with one feature update. Here is everything that is new with today’s release:
What’s new in Windows 10 20H1 Build 18965
Control over restarting apps at sign-in
As some of you already know, apps have the ability to register for restart, which helps in a few situations, including enabling you to get back to what you were doing if you need to restart your PC. Previously this option was tied to the “Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device” option under Sign-in options in accounts settings. We’ve heard feedback that some of you would prefer more explicit control over when Windows automatically restarts apps that were open when you restart your PC, and with 20H1 we’re bringing that option to you.
Windows now puts you in control with a new app restart setting. When turned on, Windows automatically saves your restartable apps when signing out, restarting, or shutting down Windows, and restarts them next time you sign in. This setting is off by default and you can change it any time in Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options, and can find it by searching for “restart apps” in Start or the search box.
There are also several fixes and improvements. These include:
- We fixed an issue resulting in the screens shown while updating Windows unexpectedly saying “managed by your organization” for some Insiders.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the taskbar unexpectedly hiding sometimes when launching the touch keyboard.
- We fixed an issue where some of the colors weren’t correct in Language Settings if using High Contrast White.
- We fixed an issue that could result in background tasks not working in certain apps.
- We fixed an issue where if you set focus to the notification area of the taskbar via WIN+B, then opened a flyout and pressed Esc to close it, then the focus rectangle would no longer show up correctly anymore.
- We fixed an issue where on the Bluetooth & Other Settings page, the device type wasn’t read out loud when using a screen reader.
- We fixed an issue resulting in help links not being accessible when adding a new wireless display device on the Bluetooth & Other Settings page if the text scaling was set to 200%.
For more details about Feedback Hub updates and known issues, head over to the official blog post.