Umidigi Z2June, 2018
Umidigi Z2 attracted some major attention for its metal and glass build instead of the usual plasticky looks that the below $300 phones usually offer. The Chinese phone maker - formerly known as UMI - is known for packing high-end features in affordably priced products. Released nearly a month ago, the Umidigi Z2 has been receiving some raving reviews from both the industry experts and the end users.
We also managed to get our hands on this affordable smartphone, and let's just say it's not only the price that we are impressed with!
Featuring shiny gradient body that could beat any flagship smartphone, the Umidigi Z2 sports a display notch - obviously - and thin bezels. We have unboxed the phone over on our YouTube channel that you can check out to have a look at this affordable flagship smartphone.
Umidigi Z2 - a lot of phone for $299.99! [Flash sale for $249.99 - use code GB$MPZ2 for more discounts]
The Umidigi Z2 boasts itself for being the world’s first smartphone with a 6.2-inch Full HD+ elite display with a 90% screen to body ratio and a resolution of 1080 x 2246. The phone also has amazing viewing angles as you will have no problem reading the screen when outside. Bringing you the stock Android Oreo experience, Umidigi is one of the few Android phones that offer you the Android experience without the bloatware.
[Update]: We managed to get an exclusive code for Wccftech readers that brings the price down to just $245.99 - head over to this link, add to cart and add coupon code GB$MPZ2
Other specs include:
- CPU: MTK6763
- Cores: 2.0GHz, Octa Core
- External Memory: TF card up to 256GB
- GPU: ARM Mali-G71 MP2
- RAM: 6GB RAM
- ROM: 64GB
- Screen resolution: 2246 x 1080
- Screen size: 6.2 inch
- Screen type: Capacitive
- Back-camera: 16.0MP + 8.0MP
- Camera type: Quad cameras
- Front camera: 16.0MP + 8.0MP
- Video recording: Yes
- Stock OS: Android 8.1
- Battery Capacity: 3850mAh
- Gradient Color: Twilight & Phantom
- SIM Card Slot: Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- Additional Features: Face Unlock, Fingerprint Unlocking, FM, GPS, Light Sensing System, Proximity Sensing
- Package includes: Back Case : 1 | Cell Phone: 1 | Earphones Adapter: 1 | Other: 1 x Type-C Cable | Power Adapter: 1
We found the performance to be good for the price point, however, the camera quality could do better. As for the call quality, the voice quality beat even the likes of Apple's iPhone 8 Plus, which is a big plus. There are definitely some areas that could be improved, however, considering the price we are getting way more than what we are paying for.
You can learn more about these and various other features in our in-depth video review of Umidigi Z2.
To summarise, we were actually quite surprised by Umidigi having packed so many features and an amazing build quality with stock Android experience in such an affordable price package. If that wasn't enough, the company also adds a preinstalled screen protector and a case to better protect the gorgeousness that the Umidigi Z2 is.
- Gearbest is offering the product on a limited-time flash sale for just $249.99, which is nothing short of a steal. You can also use coupon code GB$MPZ2 to bring Umidigi Z2 down to $245.99.
Umidigi Z2 is a solid device for a fair asking price. You'll be hard pressed to find something more feature-rich with such premium looks for under $300. It may not be a Galaxy S9 or an iPhone 8 kind of a flagship but it's potentially here to stay longer than those two.
- Flagship-like design aesthetics
- Stock Android experience
- Amazing screen with great viewing angles
- Good battery performance
- Average gaming performance
- Camera could be better
The links above are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Wccftech.com may earn from qualifying purchases.