Payday 2 Update Brings Microtransactions for it’s Annual Crimefest Event
Payday 2 is the latest victim of Microtransactions as it’s been updated for the annual Crimefest event. During the even, you can earn or win item drops, safes, that can only be opened by paying for the key. This model follows the one in place for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Team Fortress 2.
Payday 2 Blackmarket update brings a new economy with it for Crimefest 2015
The update that adds these transactions is called the Black Market Update. This encourages more customization and also creates an economy tied to real money, as opposed to solely in-game currency. But of course, opening these Safe Drops can only be done with a tool that has to be purchased each time.
Weapon skins are only created by the developer at the moment, though they want to enable players to design and potentially sell their own in-game, bolstering that weapon skin economy.
Vlad’s operation is smuggling brand-new, precision-engineered Safes from Washington state to Washington D.C. But these safes are tough to open. Only the best heisters, with the right tool, can crack them.
But you are able to receive some very interesting and potentially nice looking customizations within. Those skins sometimes are more than just a pretty facade, actually improving the stats of the weapon too. Also in those safe drops you might also find a stat booster as well.
Each safe drops a slick weapon skin, and each skin may have special mods and a stat boost associated with it. Sometimes, very rarely, a safe may even contain a precious Legendary skin.
Also in the update are quite a few other changes, such as rebalancing some weapons and of course adding a steam inventory page for Payday 2, so you can see all of those skins.
The full list of day one changes can be found below.
- Fixed so that weapon statistic values are displayed correctly in the Inventory. There will be no longer be any rounding of numbers for all weapon statistics, except for the Concealment and the Threat statistic which will calculate the same as before
- Improved the layout of the Blackmarket Modification Menu
- Rebalanced all weapons to increase the player’s options when playing on higher difficulties. The overall weapon versatility is increased so that more weapons will fit more different playstyles
- Added so that Safes can be dropped in the Card Loot Drop screen after a successful heist
- Added the choice in Video Option to turn on and off seeing Weapon Skins in 3rd person. The option is called “Use HQ weapons”
- Added Steam Inventory to the game so that the player can see their Weapon Skins, Drills and Safes in the game
- Added a Weapon Skin tab to the Blackmarket Modification Menu