Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath Xbox One Beta Giveaway
Path of Exile is about to get a new expansion called The Fall of Oriath. The PC release is due on August 4th, while Xbox One gamers will have to wait a little more. In the meantime, though, they have the chance to join the ongoing The Fall of Oriath Xbox One beta by participating in our giveaway below.
We have twenty beta codes for The Fall of Oriath and we’ll give them to the lucky random winners on Monday. Good luck!
Meanwhile, the PC release patch notes for The Fall of Oriath have been published by Grinding Gear Games. You can find the most important content additions and new features listed below.
Path of Exile 3.0.0 – The Fall of Oriath – Major New Content and Features:
- Added Acts Five through Ten.
Act Five: The Fall of Oriath
Atop the frozen peaks of Mount Veruso lies a way to return home, but the death of Dominus has left Oriath in turmoil. Caught amidst the slaves revolting against their Templar oppressors, you are all that stands between the innocent lives trapped in Oriath and the divine wrath of High Templar Avarius.
Part Two: The Gods are Rising
Your triumph over the Beast has had unforeseen consequences. The dormant gods of Wraeclast, once suppressed by the Beast, have regained their divine powers. In Part Two, a set of five new Acts, you will weave through both new and recognisable locations throughout Wraeclast, witness the results of your past deeds, and even confront the gods themselves.
Act Six: The Rising Tide
The Brine King, god of the seas, is expanding his domain. Every border is being redrawn. Come to the aid of familiar allies before his relentless tides wash away all hope.
Act Seven: Lord and Legion
Ancient Vaal ruins have risen from the depths. Amidst the chaos, the bandit tribes have united under one banner and have stormed the Forest Encampment. Reclaim the homes of your allies and discover the secrets that lay beneath the ruins.
Act Eight: Eclipse
In the centre of Sarn’s great bridge, Solaris and Lunaris fight for control of the skies. Meanwhile, beneath the earth, something foul is poisoning the water.
Act Nine: Reunion
The rotting Beast beneath Mount Veruso holds the key to salvation. But beings both mortal and divine seek to keep you from obtaining it.
Act Ten: Return to Oriath
Fate rests on your shoulders as you make your final stand.
- Removed the Cruel and Merciless difficulty levels. Path of Exile is now a single ten-act playthrough.
- Added a new Character Selection Screen.
- Added a new feature – the Pantheon system: Best the ancient gods of Wraeclast in battle and you can claim a portion of their power. There are four Major god powers and seven Minor god powers to be claimed in The Fall of Oriath. You can have one Major and one Minor power active at a time, and can return to any town or hideout to change which powers are active at no cost. Later, each power can be upgraded by placing a Divine Vessel in your map device before you defeat certain map bosses.
- Added a new feature – the Help panel: As you play Path of Exile, you can unlock Help panel pages. These can be viewed by clicking on a new Help button next to the Shop button. Each panel is designed to introduce you to an aspect of Path of Exile’s gameplay, and give you the tools you need to explore the features yourself.
- Significantly updated the tutorial. It is integrated with the new Help system.
- The game HUD has been updated to the Eclipse theme used throughout The Fall of Oriath.
- Added 8 Vaal Side Areas with new bosses, found through areas in Oriath.
- Added a Passive Skill Tree planning system.
- Introduced new technology for rendering water throughout the game.