Motorola Milestone to get Froyo update
Well here's a blast from the past. The legendary Motorola Milestone is getting a Froyo update in selected countries according to Motorola. I cant say this was a much awaited update since no one was really expecting such an old phone to be updated. But it's nice to know the old timer getting a recent version of Android. Better late than never. Here's what the release notes had to say:
Software Upgrade for the Milestone Android 2.2 Release
We are pleased to announce the new Android™ 2.2 (Froyo) software upgrade for Motorola Milestone users. The Android 2.2 (Froyo) software update includes numerous new features, tons of shortcuts, and enhancements. Upgrade today for peak performance.
For more information on Motorola support for the Motorola Milestone, visit us at www.motorola.com/mymilestone.
Additional Milestone support can be found at http://www.motorola.com/Support/GB-EN/Country-Selector/Milestone.
Who can use this Release
ALL Motorola Milestone users
After downloading and installing the Android 2.2 (Froyo) software release, you will enjoy:
- Improved Web browsing with support for Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1, currently available for download via Android Market
- 3G Mobile Hotspot connectivity.
- New tips, shortcuts, and assistance from a home-screen widget help users better navigate their phones.
- Easily switch between the eight most recently used applications.
- Improved Wi-Fi performance and connectivity.
- Rotate the screen 270 degrees to work with compatible apps in any direction.
- Preserve apps and settings using Google Backup and Restore.
- Downloaded apps can now be automatically updated and you can choose to store applications in the device’s memory or on a SD card.
- Management of password policies for Microsoft Exchange administrators across all devices.
- Increased ring and notification volume.
- Edit recurring Corporate Calendar meetings with a large number of invitees.
- Improved Hotmail® sync for accounts with a large number of emails.
- Streamlined efficiency in Microsoft Exchange Active Sync®
Improve your communication with smarter functions from Android 2.2
- Android 2.2 boosts mobile organization and response time.
And now Microsoft Exchange administrators can manage password policies across all devices, making sure company information stays secure and safe. Android 2.2 now supports Exchange calendars in the Calendar application.