Mad Max Will Include Survival Elements; Cars Have a lot of Weight in Them and Are a Blast to Drive
Mad Max, Avalanche's open world adventure is going to feature survival elements according to the developer, like managing hunger, finding gas etc.
@TKJ196 In short: yep.
— Avalanche Studios (@AvalancheSweden) April 23, 2015
The driving model in Mad Max will be somewhere between realistic and arcade, as the cars have a lot of weight to them, and are a blast to drive.
@caledoniacation There's a lot of weight to the cars, but they are also a blast to drive. It's hitting that sweet spot 🙂
— Avalanche Studios (@AvalancheSweden) April 25, 2015
Avalanche has just recently released a gameplay trailer for Mad Max and it is absolutely stunning. If you have missed it you can watch the trailer below:
Players take the role of Mad Max in a post apocalyptic world
Players take the role of Mad Max, in a post apocalyptic world, in an action packed open world third person action game. Mad Max will feature a variety of weapons, of which the shotgun is Max's weapon of choice, but since ammo is scarce, melee options are the smarter way to go.
Max traverse through "The Big Nothing", an unmapped volatile area. Max can eat small animals as rodents and maggots to replenish his health. Mad Max will feature a crafting system which can be used to craft new weapons and tools. Max's garage can be used to change and modify the car's engines, chassis, wheels, body works, including paint treatment, and the "shell" of the automobile.
Build the Ultimate Car
- Without your Interceptor, you are nothing. Embark on a dangerous journey to rebuild your key to salvation
- Brutalize your enemies in high-speed, inter-vehicular warfare using the ultimate combat vehicle
- Build your perfect war-machine with thousands of mods to customize performance, armor and weaponry
Be the Legendary Post-apocalyptic Warrior
- Build your legend by upgrading Max’s stats, gear, and abilities
- Raid enemy encampments to gain access to precious resources and powerful upgrades
- Kill or be killed by combining stealth, gun, and melee combat to take out your relentless enemies
Tame the primal Wasteland
- Traverse and discover a haunting post-apocalyptic world with dynamic weather, treacherous landscapes, and sadistic marauder factions that create threatening situations around every corner
- Freedom to do whatever you want, whenever you want. The Wasteland is vast and filled with dangerous side missions, activities and encounters ranging from ambushes to hijacking fuel caravans
Mad Max will release on September 1 2015 in North America, with a European release to follow on September 4. A closer look at the game will likely be available during E3 2015 in June. We will bring you any news regarding Mad Max as soon as it becomes available.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter