Earlier this year, Spotify added a Sleep Timer feature to its Android app. Now, the feature is being rolled out for Spotify users on iPhone and iPad. If you have been looking forward to the feature to land on iOS, here's how to enable Sleep Timer in Spotify on iPhone and iPad.
Enable Sleep Timer in Spotify on Your iPhone or iPad - Simple Step By Step Instructions
If you're unfamiliar, you might ask what the feature is for. To be precise, Sleep Timer in Spotify allows users to set a timer for the music streaming service to stop playing music. Usually, it is oriented for folks who listen to music before they go to bed. Obviously, if you fall asleep while listening to music, it will keep on playing until someone stops it.
Enable Sleep Timer in Spotify on Your iPhone and iPad - Step By Step Instructions
It's a very useful feature to have if you don't want your music to be playing the entire night. In addition, it will also help you save battery life and if your data will be saved as well if you're streaming over cellular. We have devised a step by step instructions on how to enable Sleep Timer in Spotify on iPhone and iPad.
1. Launch the Spotify app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Play any music or podcast.
3. Select the Now Playing screen so all the controls and artwork is seen.
4. For music, tap on the three dots on the top right corner. If you're listening to a podcast, tap on the moon icon situated on the bottom right.
5. Now, select Sleep Timer from the options.
6. Select the duration for the timer. In total, there are six increments between five minutes to an hour. Select the one that best fits your requirements. You can choose End of Track or End of Episode if you fall asleep quickly.
That's all you have to do to enable Sleep Timer in Spotify on iPhone or iPad. You can always switch the time frame from the same options as per your sleeping schedule.
That's all for now, folks. What are your thoughts on the feature? Would you enable Sleep Timer in Spotify on your iPhone or iPad? Let us know in the comments.