How to Update Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus to Android 4.2.2 XXUBMG8 Official
Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus in Germany has got the official XXUBMG8 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update via OTA. The latest update is bringing some performance improvements and few other features and tweaks. For those of you who still haven't received the update or want to flash it manually, head on to read the step-by-step guide to update your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus to the latest XXUBMG8 official firmware update.
Note: this tutorial is specifically written for Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus model I9105P, which is the international variant. Do not attempt this on any other devices or variants.
Prerequisites to update Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus to Android 4.2.2 XXUBMG8 official:
- Download and install USB drivers for SGS2 Plus in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Disable KIES on your computer before starting the flashing process.
- Make sure to disable any running antivirus programs: can interfere with flashing process.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S2 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus to Android 4.2.2 XXUBMG8 official firmware:
- Install Odin on your computer.
- Switch your SGS2 Plus I9105 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together. Release the buttons when warning screen comes up, press Volume Up to confirm. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying “Added!!”. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In Odin make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is.
- Click on PDA on Odin, locate the I9105PXXUBMG8_I9105POXABMG8_DBT.tar.md5 update zip file and hit the Start button to start the update process.
- When installation is successfully completed, on Odin ID:COM will turn green and Odin will show a PASS message.
- Samsung Galaxy S2 I9105P will restart automatically and you can then disconnect your device from PC.
Note: In case your device gets stuck at boot screen after installation of official firmware, perform data wiping tasks. Turn off SGS2 and reboot it into recovery mode. In recovery, select the wipe data/factory reset. Go back and reboot your smartphone.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter