February's official Patch Tuesday was last week, bringing cumulative updates to Windows 10. It appears more updates have to be installed as Microsoft has released fresh bug fixes for several versions of the operating system. The latest cumulative updates are available for Windows 10 April 2018 Update, the Fall Creators Update, the Creators Update, and the Anniversary Update. The update isn't available for the latest Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809).
Here is everything that has been addressed in Windows 10 April 2018 Update version 1803 (currently the most-installed Windows 10 version) Build 17134.619, KB4487029.
- Enables media content to play e-learning content with plug and play USB adapter cables on Microsoft Edge.
- Ensures that windowed ActiveX content inside an iframe scrolls along with other page content in Internet Explorer 11 during a user-triggered scroll operation.
- Addresses an issue that causes app-specific registry keys to be deleted after updating an application.
- Updates time zone information for Chile.
- Addresses an audio compatibility issue when playing newer games with 3D Spatial Audio mode enabled through multichannel audio devices or Windows Sonic for Headphones.
- Addresses an issue that prevents some users from pinning a web link to the Start menu or the taskbar.
- Addresses an issue in which the desktop lock screen image set by a group policy will not update if the image is older than or has the same name as the previous image.
- Improves performance related to case-insensitive string comparison functions such as _stricmp() in the Universal C runtime.
- Addresses an issue with evaluating the compatibility status of the Windows ecosystem to help ensure application and device compatibility for all updates to Windows.
- Improves the reliability of the UE-VAppmonitor.
- Addresses an issue that fails to update a user hive when you publish an optional package in a Connection Group after the Connection Group was previously published.
- Addresses an issue that allows files protected by Windows Information Protection to be transferred using Bluetooth to an unmanaged machine.
- Addresses an issue that occurs with the Internet Explorer proxy setting and the out of box experience (OOBE) setup. The initial logon stops responding after Sysprep.
- Addresses an issue that prevents a user from deleting a wireless network profile in some scenarios.
- Addresses an issue that may cause a “STOP 0x1A” error when you use certain applications or log in or log out of a system.
- Addresses an issue in the Timeline feature that causes File Explorer to stop working for some users.
- Addresses an issue that causes the Photos app to stop working when it’s used from the Mail app.
- Addresses an issue in the PLMDebug.exe tool that loses debug sessions when used with a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app.
- Improves Always On VPN (AOVPN) reconnect and disconnect functionality.
- Addresses an issue that fails to recognize the first character of the Japanese era name as an abbreviation and may cause date parsing issues.
- Addresses an issue that may prevent Internet Explorer from loading images that have a backslash (\) in their relative source path.
- Addresses an issue that may cause applications that use a Microsoft Jet database with the Microsoft Access 95 file format to randomly stop working.
Fall Creators Update (version 1709) is being bumped up to Build 16299.004 (KB4487021), Creators Update (version 1703) is being updated to Build 15063.1659 (KB4487011), and the Anniversary Update (version 1607) is receiving Build 14393.2828 (KB4487006).