“F**K Konami” Says Guillermo del Toro; Mocks Publisher For Cancelling Silent Hills & Praises Kojima

Author Photo
Dec 3, 2016
15Shares
Submit

Co-director on the canceled Silent Hills and P.T., Guillermo del Toro, didn’t restrain himself following the release of Kojima’s new teaser trailer for Death Stranding.

During The Game Awards event earlier this week, Hideo Kojima showed off a new trailer for his upcoming PS4/PC game “Death Stranding”. Aside from actors Mads Mikkelsen and Norman Reedus, del Toro could also be seen in the teaser.

death_stranding_del_toroRelatedHideo Kojima’s Death Stranding May Be About Space; Del Toro To Be Shown Gameplay Soon

In case you haven’t seen the teaser for Death Stranding, check it out below:

At the Award event, Kojima received the Industry Icon award for real achievement in the industry, after which del Toro congratulated the legendary designer by Tweeting “Viva Kojima”, and “Well deserved, Kojima-San! Banzai!”.

These tweets followed after Del Toro quoted a tweet from The Game Awards following the release of Kojima’s new Death Stranding trailer. Del Toro didn’t quite restrain himself by saying “F**K KONAMI”.

konami-2018-h1-01-konami-headerRelatedKonami H1 2018 Financial Results – Gaming for Growth

He later sent out another tweet in which he added that Konami canceling Silent Hills after P.T. is one of the most foolish things he has ever witnessed.

While Konami has received community backlash ever since Kojima was fired, it’s not that common that a Hollywood director curses directly at a publisher. Del Toro and Kojima have stated to been friends since the promotion of Hellboy 2 in Japan back in 2008. The Mexican director is responsible for directing Pan’s Labyrinth, Hellboy, Pacific Rim and also worked on Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit films. As said, Del Toro was also co-producer on the now canceled Silent Hills, its interactive teaser P.T., and is also featured in the upcoming Death Stranding.

As covered last year, Konami prevented Kojima from accepting an award during The Game Awards last year, and the legendary designer was allegedly separated from the Metal Gear Solid V development team during the last six months of game’s development.

Do you agree with del Toro? Leave a comment down below.

Submit