Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 introduces a lot of changes to the series, including to the way DLC will be delivered. Instead of the individual DLC packs CoD games have offered in the past, Black Ops 4 will have a paid season pass and an array of free content and updates. Recently, Treyarch revealed the free DLC Black Ops 4 players can expect in 2018, including new multiplayer Specialists, and a newly reimagined version of Nuketown. Here’s the full rundown:
Our goal is to deliver a steady stream of [Black Ops 4] content to the entire community – the most active calendar of events in our history, period. Following launch, we’ll continue to add a variety of free content for the entire community across Multiplayer, Zombies and Blackout. While the specific details of each release will come as the dates are announced, here are a few examples:
- Nuketown: An all-new take on this fan-favorite map will be landing in November for all players to enjoy.
- Specialists: We have a number of new Specialists already in development, with our first brand new character coming in December.
- Blackout: There are so many places that we want to go with this game mode. The map and gameplay rules that you’ll experience at launch are just the beginning. We will continue to support the community with map updates, expansions and new Blackout modes for everyone.
- Events: In addition to the content above, we have many seasonal and time-limited events that will deliver new game modes and content to all players.
As usually, PS4 players will get Black Ops 4 DLC first, although the window of exclusivity has been narrowed to a week. In the past Xbox and PC players had to wait a full month for DLC.
As mentioned, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 will also offer paid DLC, which can only be accessed by picking up the Black Ops Pass, or the Black Ops 4 Digital Deluxe or Pro Editions. Here’s what’s included in the Black Ops Pass:
- “Classified,” a Bonus Zombies Experience, available at Launch
- 4 Additional All-New Zombies Experiences
- 12 Multiplayer Maps
- 4 Exclusive Blackout Characters
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 hits PC, Xbox One, and PS4 on October 12.