Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Dataminers Uncover 38 New Maps and 23 Modes
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has been out in the wild for about a week now, and, of course, dataminers have been making a meal of the game. Usually digging around in a game’s code will reveal a few key bits of interesting information, but Modern Warfare has been a goldmine, with miners finding evidence of 38 upcoming maps and 23 new modes. Now, there’s no guarantee all this stuff will end up making it into the game, but still, it seems like Infinity Ward have some pretty big post-launch plans for Modern Warfare.
Here’s the full list of new maps, with official titles and file names, compiled by Redditor Senescallo. The maps cover a variety of different modes, including traditional 6v6, and the new 2v2 Gunfight and 32v32 Ground War modes, and it seems like some classic battlegrounds from past Call of Duty games will be returning:
- Cage (mp_m_cage)
- Cargo (mp_m_cargo)
- Hook (mp_m_hook)
- Exclusion Zone (mp_m_exclusion)
- Shoot House (mp_m_speed)
- Aniyah Tac (mp_aniyah_tac)
- Crash (mp_crash2)
- Dam (mp_dam)
- Krovnik Farmland (mp_farms2)
- Gulag (mp_gulag)
- Hospital (mp_hospital)
- Layover (mp_layover)
- Lowline (mp_lowline)
- Lumber (mp_lumber)
- Malyshev (mp_malyshev)
- Milbase (mp_millbase)
- Oasis (mp_oasis)
- Port (mp_port2)
- Prison (mp_prison)
- Rivne (mp_rivne)
- Shipment (mp_shipment)
- Shipmight (Day) (mp_shipment_am)
- Shipment (Night) (mp_shipment_pm)
- Slums (mp_slums)
- Stadium (mp_stadium)
- Sub Base (mp_subbase_lm)
- Super (mp_super)
- Urzikstan (mp_syrkistan)
- Torez (mp_torez)
- Transit (mp_transit)
- TV Station (mp_tvstation)
- Faridah (mp_faridah)
- Rust (mp_rust)
- Takedown (mp_takedown)
- Borderline (mp_borderline)
- Smetna Farms (mp_farms2_gw)
- Gun Course (mp_t_gun_course)
- Marksman Range (mp_t_sn_reflex)
Meanwhile, here’s a collection of modes possibly coming to the game, uncovered by the reliable leakers at Charlie Intel. It’s likely most of these will be limited-time modes, but perhaps some will stick around longer term:
- Showdown (gametype_showdown)
- Onslaught (gametype_onslaught)
- Incursion (gametype_incursion)
- Fireteam (+ Hardcore) (gametype_fireteam)
- Breach (gametype_breach)
- Arms Race (+ Hardcore) (gametype_arm)
- Team Juggernaut (gametype_tjugg): Each team has a Juggernaut. Juggernaut kills are worth more points. The first team to reach the score limit wins.
- Reinforce (gametype_siege): Capture points to revive fallen teammates. Taking all points will win the round.
- Rupture (gametype_rugby): Take control of a powerful Juggernaut and push to the enemy’s base to win.
- One in the Chamber (gametype_oic): Gain Ammo by eliminating enemies. Highest score wins.
- Invasion (+ Hardcore) (gametype_blitz): Take your team’s flag into the enemy team’s base.
- Infected (gametype_infect): Eliminated Survivors become Infected. Infect everyone, or survive the game to win.
- High Value Target (gametype_hvt): Gain score by eliminating players on the opposing team. Extract high value enemy combatants to steal score back.
- Gun Game (gametype_gun): Be the first player to score a kill with each one of the provided weapons.
- Grind (gametype_grind): Recover dog tags and take them to the objective marker to score for your team.
- Drop Zone (gametype_dropzone): Hold the Drop Zone to earn points and Drone Packages.
- Demolition (gametype_demo): Teams alternate in attacking and defending two bomb sites, both of which must be destroyed by the attacking team equipped with bombs.
- Defender (gametype_tdef): Capture the drone and hold it to upload data and earn points for your team.
- Search and Rescue (gametype_sr): Teams take turns defending and destroying an objective. Recover dog tags to allow or deny respawns.
- Capture the Flag (gametype_ctf): Get the enemy flag and return it to your base.
- Fire Mission (+ Hardcore) (gametype_btm): Eliminate enemies, capture HQ’s and extract VIPs to earn score for your team.
- Assault (gametype_assault): Attackers attack bomb site. Defenders defend!
- All or Nothing (gametype_aon): Spawn with a custom pistol, throwing knife and no starting ammo. Extra perks are gained on kills, but you lose everything on death.
What do you think? See anything exciting? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is available now on PC, Xbox One, and PS4.