Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Patch 1.04 Out, Adds Micro-transactions
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 has been updated to version 1.04 on the Xbox One and the PS4 and the PS3. This patch mainly improves the multiplayer experience, but it also adds micro-transactions into the game.
Black Ops 3 patch 1.04 adds micro-transactions and an in-game store, among other things.
This isn't quite like the most recent game to join the micro-transaction party, but more follows in the footsteps of other popular competitive shooters, such as CS:GO with a market-place to buy in-game pieces of flair that are mostly entirely optional. Activision is calling this the Black Market, and there are a number of knives debuting, as well as other weapon skins, camo, taunts and other non-pay-2-win upgrades. This is a way to monetize a game without taking the emphasis off of skill or experience. All items can be obtained by playing the game, no purchase is necessary.
But just in case you need to have a knife that someone else doesn't or you want more Liquid Divinium to face off against those hordes of zombies, you can buy those with Call of Duty Points, which is a completely optional virtual currency.
Just in case you were skeptical, if you log-in to Black Ops 3 now, for a limited time, you'll get a free one-time gift of 200 Call of Duty Points to be used in Black Ops 3. Just don't spend it all in one place. And certainly don't go gambling your weapons away.
The main patch-notes are listed below for you to peruse.
- Quick Join option added to the Multiplayer Main Menu. This allows Players to party-up with any eligible Players on their Friends List who are currently playing Black Ops III.
- Multiplayer Music option in the Audio menu now allows players to preview music samples and change the music heard when playing Multiplayer.
- Custom Games functionality has been expanded. Support has been added for official Custom Game Variants as well as saving Custom Games.
- Fixed an error that would occasionally occur when returning to the Multiplayer Lobby after completing a match or entering/exiting the Arena Lobby.
- XP earn rate increased for Team Deathmatch, Search & Destroy, Capture the Flag, Safeguard, Demolition, and Free-For-All.
- Increased rate at which Cryptokeys are earned.
- Players no longer get points for killing teammates with the Satellite Drone in Uplink, when Friendly-Fire is enabled in Custom Games.
- Players will no longer spawn at the same point in Free-For-All if there are more than 8 players in a Custom Match.
- Fixed an issue where the tinted full screen effect would remain after the player had exited the Hardened Sentry.
- Improved the Dart Scorestreak’s ability to lock onto enemy targets.
- Fixed a start spawn issue with Free-For-All where waiting to select a class could spawn the Player behind other Players.
- Improved enemy spawns during Gun Game and Free-For-All.
- Players who join a Free-For-All or Gun Game match in-progress will not have a loss recorded if they do not place in the Top 3.
- Addressed an issue where Players would get disconnected from Gun Game if they joined a match in-progress.
- Players will now be kicked for inactivity if idling in Gun Game.
- Addressed multiple issues which occurred at the start of matches.
- Fixed various scenarios where host migration would not complete properly.
- Fixed various scenarios where players could experience dead lobbies.
- Improved host selection algorithm for new lobbies.
- Fixed rare issue where HC-XD scorestreak caused instability.
- Added Hardcore Domination and Kill Confirmed game modes.
- Fixed issues with the unlocking of certain camos.
- Fixed Diamond camo texture.
- Double XP and Double Weapon XP interface improved.
- Kills acquired using Specialists abilities are now displaying correctly in Combat Record.
- Fixed scoring issues in the Uplink game mode.
- Addressed issues with certain Challenges not tracking progress correctly.
- Improved certain Challenge description texts to clarify requirements.
- Anti-Scorestreaks now award Weapon XP.
- Longshot medal has been changed from 100 XP to 250 XP.
- Strength and Honor has been changed from 100 XP to 200 XP.
- Victory has been changed from 250 XP to 500 XP.
- Mega Killer, Ultra Killer and Chain Killer have been adjusted to always be worth 1000 XP.
- Fixed multiple exploits where the player could mantle into unintended areas.
- Addressed graphical issue when controlling the Mothership Scorestreak.