First Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Patch Uncaps PC Framerate in Blackout
The very first Call of Duty: Blacks Ops 4 patch has been rolled out over the weekend, and it appears that the latest update has uncapped the framerate in the game’s Battle Royale Blackout mode on PC.
In addition to now supporting an uncapped PC framerate for all modes, the latest patch also offers general stability and crash fixes across all modes alongside improvements to the game’s Zombies mode. The release notes for the first Black Ops 4 patch have been included below:
- Resolved an issue where new players sometimes didn’t have a default Calling Card on initial boot.
- Improved an animation in the player’s health bar when taking damage.
- Resolved an issue where Prestiging a weapon wouldn’t remove its attachments.
- Fixed overhead names and rank for bots in the lobby.
- General stability fixes.
- Increased player health in Casual, Normal, and Hardcore Difficulty in Classic mode by 50 points.
- Balance adjustment to rate at which players earn points.
- Balance adjustment to Tiger attacks.
- Balance adjustment to Hellhounds (spawn radius, speed, and frequency).
- Balance adjustment to Hellfire Special Weapon.
- Reduced cost of shield repair and replacement.
- Resolved an issue where some players experienced a crash in the Laboratory.
Improved spawn balancing in Domination, which should alleviate some of the issues people have reported. The system has some new capabilities to reduce the frequency of spawn flipping (also a commonly requested change), and that comes with new challenges in striking the right balance between less flipping and less trapping. This is a first step, and we expect it to take a few iterations to achieve the right balance.
Torque’s Razor Wire will no longer deal damage to the player or teammates in Hardcore. No more getting kicked for inadvertent team kills.
- Resolved an issue that allowed players to utilize an extra Attachment slot.
- Mastercraft camos can now be properly unlocked.
- Adjusted unlock requirements for the active camo on Signature Weapons (MX9, Strife).
Prevented Scorestreak kills from counting toward progress in certain Challenges.
- Addressed an issue that occasionally prevented players from unlocking Ajax.
- Framerate is now uncapped in all modes!
Fixed an issue where Trauma Kits would occasionally not work properly.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is available globally now for PC and consoles.