A round-up of every AMD Ryzen compatible AM4 motherboard that has been pictured as part of an announcement or leak to date. Including seven newly leaked pictures from ASUS, GIGABYTE and BIOSTAR showing the boards alongside their retail boxes. These 7 upcoming motherboards are said to be among the first to launch, with expected day one availability alongside AMD's 17 Ryzen SKUs.
We've already seen ASUS AM4 motherboards for AMD's upcoming Ryzen CPUs get listed online for pre-order with their specs, prices & launch dates made public just a couple of days ago. The boards included two medium-range models featuring the B350 chipset and two high-end models featuring the X370 chipset. The specific models are the ASUS Prime B350M-A, Prime B350-PLUS, Prime X370-PRO and the Crosshair VI Hero.
AMD’s fastest Ryzen CPUs, the 7 1800X, 1700X and 1700 have been listed for pre-order a couple of days ago with a February 28th launch date. Interestingly, that’s the very same day the company is kicking off its “Capsaicin & Cream” GDC 2017 press event. Which will be live-streamed and may even include a sneak-peek at AMD’s upcoming enthusiast Vega GPUs. The three CPUs have are priced at $499, $389 and $319 US respectively.
Pictures courtesy of VCZ.
AMD Ryzen Asus AM4 Motherboards - Specs & Prices
|Wccftech||Asus Crosshair VI Hero||Asus Prime X370-PRO||Asus Prime B350-PLUS||Asus Prime B350M-A|
|PCIe 3 (Graphics)||x16 Lanes||x16 Lanes||x16 Lanes||x16 Lanes|
|PCIe 3 (Storage + I/O)||x8 Lanes||x8 Lanes||x8 Lanes||x8 Lanes|
|PCIe 2||x8 Lanes||x8 Lanes||x6 Lanes||x6 Lanes|
|USB||10 USB 3.1 Gen1, 2 USB 3.1 Gen2, 6 USB 2||6 USB 3.1 Gen1, 2 USB 3.1 Gen2, 6 USB 2|
TBA : To be announced.
In theory B350 boards are capable of supporting CFX & SLI via two x8 PCIe 3 slots. AMD's initial statements -- which the company said were subject to change -- indicated that B350 boards will only be configured with a single x16 PCIe 3 slot. However, several B350 motherboards have been pictured featuring two or more full-length PCIe slots which suggests that the company may have changed its position on B350 multi-GPU support.
[UPDATED 02/16/2017 8:27 AM]
GIGABYTE AORUS AM4 AX370-Gaming 5
[End of update]
ASUS AM4 X370 Crosshair VI Hero
The Crosshair VI Hero is one of the company’s highest end motherboards that will be available on day one. The Crosshair VI Hero features a monochromatic color scheme to match any custom color scheme builders are going for. Power delivery is provided by an ROG exclusive high quality 8+4 phase digital VRM design. We can see a beefy 12 phase Digi+ PWM design. In terms of storage, the motherboard comes with 8 SATA 6 Gb/s ports and a single M.2 slot.
ASUS AM4 X370 Crosshair VI Hero Features:
- Isolated DAC & AMP 8-channel audio design featuring the latest S1220A Codec and ROG exclusive SupremeFX audio.
- One M.2 SSD slot.
- 8 USB 3.1 Ports (rear I/O).
- 4 USB 2 Ports (rear I/O).
- Front USB 3.1 header.
- 8 SATA 3 6Gb/s.
- Customizable RGB Lighting with 2 LED headers
- 2 way SLI and 3 way CrossFire
- Auto and manual overclocking support
- Built in AC Wi-Fi
AMD Ryzen On The Desktop - Overclocking & Chipsets
- All Ryzen CPUs will be multiplier unlocked and ready for overclocking right out of the box. There will be no locked Ryzen CPUs.
- AMD's X370, X300 and even mid-range B350 chipsets support overclocking. Only AM4's entry-level A320 and A300 chipsets lack this feature. AMD explains that this is because A320 and A300 chipsets are designed to go into entry-level motherboards that would inherently be unsuitable for overclocking due to component and cost limitations.
- Ryzen CPUs will come in different configurations with varying core counts. The highest core count parts will have eight cores and support sixteen threads.
- Ryzen will launch closer to the middle of Q1 or early Q1 rather than the end of Q1. AMD wouldn't give us a specific date but sometime in February is a good bet.
- AM4 compatible aftermarket air and liquid cooling solutions will be available on day one.
Ryzen compatible AM4 socket motherboards will come in four different chipset flavors. The X370 chipset is the high-end enthusiast focused contender with the latest and greatest technology and the most robust set of features. The B350 is the mid-range chipset where users will be able to get a lot of functionality and versatility at a more attractive price point. The A300 chipset is the entry-level chipset for more budget constrained computer builds.
AMD Ryzen AM4 Motherboards & Chipsets
|PCIe 3 Lanes||24||24||TBA||TBA|
|PCIe 2 Lanes||8||6||TBA||TBA|
|USB 3.1 Gen2||2||2||TBA||TBA|
|USB 3.1 Gen1||8||4||TBA||TBA|
|Form Factor||ATX||ATX, M-ATX||M-ATX, Mini-ITX||Mini-ITX|
All AMD AM4 Motherboards That Have Been Pictured To Date
|AMD Ryzen CPU||Cores/Threads||L3||TDP||Base||Turbo||XFR||Price|
|AMD Ryzen 7 1800X||8/16||16MB||95W||3.6GHz||4.0GHz||4.0GHz+||$489|
|AMD Ryzen 7 1800 Pro||8/16||16MB||65W||TBA||TBA||N/A||TBA|
|AMD Ryzen 7 1700X||8/16||16MB||95W||3.4GHz||3.8GHz||3.8GHz+||$389|
|AMD Ryzen 7 1700||8/16||16MB||65W||3.0GHz||3.7GHz||N/A||$319|
|AMD Ryzen 5 1600X||6/12||16MB||95W||3.3GHz||3.7GHz||3.7GHz+||$259|
|AMD Ryzen 5 1600||6/12||16MB||65W||TBA||TBA||N/A||TBA|
|AMD Ryzen 5 1500||6/12||16MB||65W||3.2GHz||3.5GHz||N/A||$229|
|AMD Ryzen 5 1400X||4/8||8MB||65W||3.5GHz||3.9GHz||3.9GHz+||$199|
|AMD Ryzen 5 1400||4/8||8MB||65W||TBA||TBA||N/A||TBA|
|AMD Ryzen 5 1300||4/8||8MB||65W||3.2GHz||3.5GHz||N/A||$175|
|AMD Ryzen 3 1200X||4/4||8MB||65W||TBA||3.4GHz||3.8GHz||$149|
|AMD Ryzen 3 1200||4/4||8MB||65W||TBA||TBA||N/A||TBA|
|AMD Ryzen 3 1100||4/4||8MB||65W||3.2GHz||3.5GHz||N/A||$129|