Improve Battery Life on Xperia Z3 with this Android 5.1.1 Custom ROM – How to
If you are looking for battery optimizing custom ROM for your Sony Xperia Z3, you might like the latest Moonbreakers firmware. Based on the latest official firmware 23.4.A.0.546 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, Moonbreakers Android 5.1.1 is heavily debloated and deodexed. This custom ROM uses stock kernel and battery tweaks so expect a very stable experience along with a better battery life on your Sony Xperia Z3. Follow this guide to flash Moonbreakers Android 5.1.1 for Sony Xperia Z3.
- Based on official Sony .546 Lollipop 5.1.1 Firmware
- Stock Kernel
- Improved Boot Time
- Better RAM Management
- Performance Tweaks
- Battery Tweaks
- Full Screen Caller Mod With Round Call End Button
- Backup any important data from your Sony Xperia Z3 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Make sure ADB and Fastboot is configured on your PC.
- Sony Xperia Z3 must be rooted with unlocked bootloader and installed with a recovery tool.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to flash Moonbreakers Android 5.1.1 on Sony Xperia Z3:
Required files: download Moonbreakers Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom firmware for Xperia Z3 from here and save it on your computer. Extract boot.img file separately.
- Connect your Xperia Z3 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone memory’s root folder.
- Copy the boot.img file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
- Switch off your Xperia Z3 and enter Bootloader mode: press and hold the Volume Up button while connecting the phone with USB cable. Phone LED will turn blue indicating the Bootloader mode.
- Once in the Fastboot mode, on your PC navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory and open Command Prompt with Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt.
- Run the following commands:
- fastboot flash boot boot.img press Enter.
- fastboot reboot and press Enter.
- Enter in the Recovery Mode: switch on the phone while pressing the Volume Up button a few times.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- Also clean cache from wipe cache partition.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Moonbreakers Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Once done, return back to main recovery menu and reboot your into the new custom ROM.
- First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.