XenonHD Android 4.2.2 JB Custom ROM For Sprint Galaxy S4 L720
XenonHD v10 custom ROM is now available to be flashed on Sprint Galaxy S4 SPH-L720. The ROM is based on AOSP and is busyboxed. XenonHD custom ROM is quite stable and provides good battery performance. For a smartphone that features a Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A15 processor and a 2GB RAM with various other great features, trying out different custom ROMs is kinda mandatory fun.
So try out this ROM and follow this guide to root this custom ROM for Sprint Galaxy S4 on your smartphone.
Prerequisites to root XenonHD custom ROM on Galaxy S4 SPH-L720:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Sprint Galaxy S4 L720 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Galaxy S4 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to root XenonHD Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM For Sprint Galaxy S4 L720:
Required files: download XenonHD custom ROM for Sprint Galaxy S4 and Google Apps from here.
- Connect your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 with PC and move both the downloaded zip files to SD card of your S4.
- Turn your Galaxy S4 off and reboot the device into recovery mode: press and hold volume up, home and power buttons.
- Nandroid backup: to create backup go to Backup and Restore > Backup - important step to be able to restore back if anything does not work out.
- In recovery mode, perform data wipe tasks: select wipe data/factory reset and confirm on the next screen. Next select wipe cache and confirm. Finally select wipe dalvik cache under advanced and confirm it.
- Select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card. Locate the downloaded firmware file and confirm installation.
- Once XenonHD v10 custom ROM is installed on your Galaxy S4 L720, repeat the above step again but install Google Apps Package instead of the ROM this time.
- Reboot your device now.