Upgrading To iPhone 6s? Here’s What You Should Do To Your Current iPhone Before Selling It
If you’re planning on upgrading to an iPhone 6s, when it comes out next month, then here’s what you need to do to your current iPhone if you plan on getting rid of it.
Back Up Everything
Back everything up on your iPhone right away, so your photos and every other content is stored in a safe location. There are two routes you can take to back up your iPhone, and we’ll walk you through each one.
1. Launch the Settings app and navigate to iCloud > Backup.
2. Turn the ‘iCloud Backup’ switch to the ON position and also tap on ‘Back Up Now.’
1. Connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac and launch iTunes and select your device from the top right hand corner.
2. Under the ‘Backups’ section click on ‘This Computer’ then click on ‘Back Up Now.’
Restore Your iPhone To Factory Settings
Now you need to get rid of all your data on your iPhone so it doesn’t fall into the wrong hands. And we’ll walk you through the process of restoring your iPhone to its factory default settings.
There are two ways you can do this, either on-device or by using iTunes. It’s your call which route you wish to take and we’ll walk you through each one.
1. Launch the Settings app and navigate to General > Reset.
2. Tap on ‘Erase All Content and Settings’ and confirm your action as well by tapping on ‘Erase iPhone.’
You might want to take this route specifically if you have a jailbroken device and want to remove all traces of the jailbreak from your iPhone.
1. Turn off Find My iPhone by going to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone.
2. Connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac and launch iTunes.
3. Click on ‘Restore iPhone.’
iTunes will download the stock firmware file from Apple’s servers and after a few minutes your device will be restored.
Remove Your iPhone From iCloud
1. Open iCloud.com from your Web browser and sign in using the very same credentials which you were using on your iPhone.
2. Click on your name at the top right hand corner and then click on ‘iCloud Settings.’
3. Under ‘My Devices’ select your iPhone and then click on ‘Remove Device.’
Remove Apple Pay Information From Your iPhone
Follow the ‘Remove Your iPhone From iCloud’ steps again, and instead of ‘Remove Device’ you should see all your Apple Pay information being listed under your iPhone. Simply click on ‘Remove All.’
Remove Your Device From iTunes In The Cloud
1. Launch iTunes and click on your name at the top right hand corner then click on ‘Account Info’ and then enter your iTunes password when prompted for it.
2. Now under ‘iTunes in the Cloud’ click on ‘Manage Devices.’
3. Click on ‘Remove’ next to your iPhone listing.
Ready To Sell
That’s it. You’re now ready sell your iPhone to its new owner.
Now all you have to do is sit back and relax till Apple takes the wraps off its upcoming flagship.
To learn more about the iPhone 6s, based on leaked reports and rumors, then be sure to check out: iPhone 6s Specs, Rumors, Features, Price, Release Date [Complete Roundup].