How to Update Sony Xperia Z3 to Android 7.0 Nougat Custom ROM
Since you won't be able to update your Sony Xperia Z3 to the latest Android 7.0 Nougat, we thought to search for some custom firmware for the device. AOSP Android 7.0 custom ROM for Xperia Z3 gets you a complete stock Nougat experience right on your Z3. Follow this guide to update Xperia Z3 to Android 7.0 AOSP custom ROM.
Prerequisites to update Xperia Z3 to Android 7.0 AOSP
- Backup any important data from your Sony Xperia Z3 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Make sure ADB and Fastboot is configured on your PC.
- Sony Xperia Z3 must be rooted with unlocked bootloader and installed with a recovery tool.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Xperia Z3 to Android 7 Nougat ROM
Required files: download Android 7.0 AOSP custom firmware for Xperia Z3 and save it on your computer. Extract boot.img file separately.
- Connect your Xperia Z3 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone memory's root folder.
- Copy the boot.img file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
- Switch off your Xperia Z3 and disconnect the cable.
- Now enter Bootloader mode: press and hold the Volume Up button while connecting the phone with a USB cable. Phone LED will turn blue indicating the Bootloader mode.
- Now, on your PC, navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory and open Command Prompt with Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt.
- Run the following commands:
- fastboot flash boot boot.img press Enter.
- fastboot reboot and press Enter.
- Enter in the Recovery Mode: switch on the phone while pressing the Volume Up button a few times.
- Wipe data tasks: from the CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Also from Advanced, wipe dalvik cache. Finally, clean cache from wipe cache partition.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Android 7.0 AOSP custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Once done, return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Xperia Z3 into the new custom ROM.
- First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Enjoy Nougat on your Xperia Z3 and don't forget to share your favorite Nougat ROMs with us.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter