Update Sony Xperia Z to Android 4.4.2 KitKat Z-Ultraized custom ROM – How to
Android 4.4.2 Z-Ultraized KitKat custom firmware takes its charms from Xperia Z Ultra. If you have always wanted to experience Sony Xperia Z Ultra, get this ROM and see how the Ultra works. Complete port of Xperia Z Ultra, Z-Ultraized is a pre-rooted ROM giving you a promised stable and smooth experience. Here is how you can update Xperia Z to Android 4.4.2 Z-Ultraized KitKat custom firmware.
Android 4.4.2 Z-Ultraized features:
- Based On The Official KK 4.4.2 Firmware 10.5.A.0.230
- Rooted With Latest SuperSU
- Deodexed, Zip-Aligned For Better RAM Management
- Added init.d Support For Various System Tweaks
- Latest XZDual Recovery Pre Installed
- Fixed Lag In Settings While Scrolling
- Superuser Mod Added For Installing Z2, Z1 Like Ported Apps
- build.prop Edited For Z2 Ported Apps
- Smooth and Fast. No More Lags In Settings
- UI Chnaged to Xperia Z Ultra
- Updated Sony Media Apps
- Enhached Settings with Xposed Installer and Xperia Xposed
- Some(Not All) Bloat Removed
- True Experience of An Ultra in 5″ Display!
Prerequisites to update Xperia Z to Android 4.4.2 Z-Ultraized:
- Backup any important data from your Sony Xperia Z as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Your device must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your Xperia Z must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: the tutorial is only focused on Sony Xperia Z - please do not try it on other Android devices.
How to update Xperia Z to Android 4.4.2 Z-Ultraized KitKat:
Required files: download the latest Android 4.4.2 Z-Ultraized custom firmware for Xperia Z from here and save the zip file on your computer.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a USB cable and copy the firmware file to your phone’s internal memory card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Sony Xperia Z.
- Boot the Z into recovery mode: switch it on while holding Volume Up, Home, and Power keys.
- Perform data wiping tasks: from recovery mode, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Follow it with wipe cache partition, and then wipe dalvik cache (from advanced).
- Now flash the custom ROM for your Sony Xperia Z: select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Android 4.4.2 Z-Ultraized zip file and confirm the flashing process. The ROM installation process will take a few minutes so be patient.
- Once done, return back to main recovery menu and reboot your device into the latest custom firmware.
Awesome! You have successfully completed the process to update Xperia Z to Android 4.4.2 Z-Ultraized custom firmware.