Update T-Mobile Galaxy S3 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Carbon ROM
Carbon JB EXP is based on stock Android firmware but comes loaded with features not found in stock Android Jelly Bean. The capabilities will not only power up your Galaxy S3, improve battery life and optimize looks and performance but you would also be able to make your Galaxy S3 more speedy and that too with no bugs! Carbon ROM for Samsung Galaxy S3 is stable and offers a personalized smartphone experiences giving you the root access of your Galaxy S3.
Follow this tutorial to root your T-Mobile Galaxy S3 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Carbon JB EXP.
Prerequisites before you update T-Mobile Galaxy S3 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Carbon ROM:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S3 carries more than 80% of charge.
Guide to update T-Mobile Galaxy S3 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Carbon ROM:
- Connect T-mobile Galaxy S3 to your computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded file to the SD card of your handset - do not extract any files.
- Disconnect the connection with computer and turn your Galaxy S3 off.
- Boot in to custom recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Down and the Power buttons simultaneously until the Samsung logo shows up. Leave the buttons for half a second and hold again. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select - alternatively you can use Quick Boot app to reboot your Android device in recovery mode.
- Perform a Nandroid backup: select Backup and Restore > Backup. Go to recovery menu after backup process is done. - very important step to restore back to current OS.
- Perform data wiping tasks: select wipe data/factory reset > Yes. It will take a few minutes until the data wiping is completed, then come back to the main CMW recovery menu and select wipe cache partition. Once it’s done too, tap on Advance > wipe Dalvik Cache to wipe Dalvik cache data.
- Now from sdcard, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the CarbonROM file copied earlier and select it by pressing power button. Tap on yes to confirm installation and wait for the ROM installation completion.
- Once installation process is done, repeat the above step but choose GApps file instead to install the Google apps package.
- Return to main recovery menu then and select reboot system now to boot up into the latest custom firmware Carbon ROM based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. It will take a bit of time during the first time, so kindly be patient.
Note: If you want to return to Previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.