Flash Android 5.1.1 Custom ROM on Sprint LG G3 – How to
Looking for that perfect custom ROM which not only updates your LG G3 right to the very latest Android 5.1.1 but is also capable of offering you better performance and customization choices? Well, we might have hit some gold for you.
One of the best custom ROMs for LG G3?
It won’t be an exaggeration if we said that this might be one of the best custom firmwares available for LG G3. Team Horizon is now offering an updated version of XenonHD custom ROM based on stock Android 5.1.1 that has been optimized for the Sprint LG G3. Extending the functionality of stock Android, XenonHD comes pre-loaded with features and custom capabilities that take the Lollipop experience to a higher level. Faster performance, beautiful user interface, optimized RAM, bloatware removed, and tons of awesome features will keep you hooked to this custom ROM.
Follow this guide to update Sprint LG G3 to Android 5.1.1.
Update Sprint LG G3 to Android 5.1.1 Custom ROM:
- Backup any important data from your LG G3 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device.
- Your device must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your LG G3 must be charged to at least 70% of power.
How to flash Android 5.1.1 on LG G3 with XenonHD:
- Connect LG G3 to your PC using a data cable and copy the zip files to your device’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and turn off your smartphone.
- Boot LG G3 into recovery mode.
- Perform wipe data operations: from recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Also clear wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- Go back to main menu from the recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the XenonHD Android 5.1.1 firmware zip and confirm the flashing process.
- When done, repeat the above step but choose GApps package file instead of firmware file.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Sprint LG G3 into the new ROM. First boot takes a good few minutes so kindly be patient.
Don’t forget to let us know if you liked this ROM and share with us your favorite features of XenonHD on LG G3.