Update Sony Xperia Z to CM 10.2 Android 4.3 Custom ROM – Unofficial
CyanogenMod 10.2 custom firmware based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean has been released for Sony Xperia Z unofficially. It is not the final release so you might find some bugs and errors; but do try it if you are an advanced Android user and want to check out the features of the new test build.
Prerequisites to update Sony Xperia Z to CM 10.2 Android 4.3 custom firmware - unofficial:
- Backup any important data from your Sony Xperia Z as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Your device must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your Xperia Z must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: the tutorial is only focused on Sony Xperia Z - please do not try it on other Android devices.
How to update Sony Xperia Z to CM 10.2 Android 4.3 custom ROM:
- Connect your Sony smart phone to your computer using a USB cable and copy both the zip files to your phone’s internal memory card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Sony Xperia completely.
- Boot the device into recovery mode.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS; important step to be able revert back to current state. Go to Backup > backup and restore on CWM.
- Next comes data wipe tasks: from recovery mode, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- Now flash the CM 10.2 unofficial custom ROM for your Sony Xperia: select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the CM 10.2 Android 4.3 zip and confirm the flashing process. The ROM installation process will take a few minutes.
- Once completed successfully, follow the above step for GApps package installation on your Xperia Z.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your device into the CM 10.2 unofficial custom OS.
Awesome! You have successfully flashed the unofficial CM 10.2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean test build custom firmware on your Sony Xperia Z!