Update Sony Xperia U to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM
New version of Experience custom ROM has been released based on the stock ICS but bringing all the looks, features, functions and apps of the latest Jelly Bean 4.1 variant. We would be updating our Sony Xperia U to this latest version of Experience custom ROM to upgrade the device to the capabilities of Android JB 4.1.
ROM is quite stable and fast so you don't have worry about that point. Experience firmware has already gained too much popularity among Xperia users who report a stable, fast and powerful experience with the ROM. Read this tutorial and follow all the guidelines carefully to learn to upgrade your Sony Xperia U to Android 4.1 JB OS. This firmware update will improve your device' performance, battery life and will give you an optimized and customized experience with the Android.
Prerequisites to update Sony Xperia U to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Experience Custom ROM v2:
- Your Xperia U should be rooted.
- You should also have a custom recovery tool like CWM installed on your Sony device.
- Back up all the important data from your Xperia U as the installation process demands to wipe clean the memory.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your Xperia: Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- It's important that your Sony Xperia has at least 60% of battery juice.
How to update Sony Xperia U to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Experience Custom ROM:
Required files: download the Experience v2 file from here. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect your Sony Xperia U with PC using a USB cable and copy the downloaded file on your device.
- Remove the USB cable and turn off the Xperia U.
- Boot into recovery mode.
- Perform wipe operations by using the recovery mode menu. Go to wipe data/factory reset and then wipe cache partition. Last, clear the dalvik cache from wipe dalvick cache.
- After wiping, return to main menu by selecting +++go back+++.
- Select install zip from sd card followed by choose zip from sd card and select the firmware update file from your phone and start the rooting process.
- When the installation is completed successfully, from recovery select +++go back+++ and select reboot system now to boot into the new firmware.
That's it. You have successfully updated your Sony Xperia U to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean using the Experience custom ROM firmware.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter