Update Sony Xperia J to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ParanoidAndroid ROM
Though Sony has released the official Jelly Bean OTA update for the Xperia J, but many who have flashed the stock firmware report finding some bugs and issues in the system. For those who want to update Sony Xperia J to Android 4.1.2 stable firmware then ParanoidAndroid custom ROM based on 4.1.2 JB is one the best options. The PA 4.1.2 custom ROM build for Xperia J comes with the latest features and apps and also has no bugs.
If you want to flash your Xperia J to one the most popular custom ROMs, then read this tutorial and update your Sony Xperia J to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean!
Prerequisites to update Sony Xperia J to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean PA custom ROM:
- Your device should be rooted to install any custom ROMs.
- Sony Xperia J should also be installed with a custom recovery image like CWM or TWRP recovery tool. Be careful as the warranty voids with rooting or flashing custom recovery tools on your device.
- Your computer should be installed with ADB (Android Debug Bridge).
- Backup any important data from your Xperia J as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- A Nandroid backup is also recommended since it will help you to restore to current state if you do not like the new ROM.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- Your Sony Xperia J must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Sony Xperia J to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean PA custom ROM:
Required files: download the ParanoidAndroid custom ROM firmware file from here. Do not extract the contents of the file.
- Connect your Sony Xperia J with computer using the USB cable. Copy the downloaded file to your phone’s SD card.
- Unplug the smartphone from the computer and turn it off.
- Reboot Xperia J into recovery mode.
- Now from recovery menu, select wipe data/factory reset, then wipe cache partition and finally wipe dalvik cache.
- Return to the main menu and select install zip from SD card followed by choose zip from SD card. Locate the PA custom ROM for Sony Xperia firmware file and flash it.
- When installation is completed, select +++go back+++ and then select reboot system now to boot in to the ParanoidAndroid Android 4.1.2 custom ROM for Xperia.
That’s it! You have successfuly flashed your Sony Xperia J with Paranoid Android Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM.