Update Samsung Nexus 10 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean PACman Custom ROM
Samsung Nexus 10 owners' new year eve is here! The latest Android 4.2.2 can now be flashed to Nexus 10 using the PACman custom ROM V22.0.1 released by PACman team. PACman ROMs come filled with features from three most popular ROMs: ParanoidAndroid, AOKP and CM10.1. So this update will not only equip your Nexus 10 with 4.2.2 JB features but also with customizations and functions from three popular ROMs.
Note: please note that PACman 4.2.2 JB is a custom firmware and still going through development phase. So there is a chance that some bugs and issues might still be there. However, all the known issues are being fixed as development of this ROM progresses.
Prerequisites to update Samsung Nexus 10 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean PACman:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Samsung device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Nexus 10 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging: navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Nexus 10 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Samsung Nexus 10 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean:
- Connect your Nexus 10 to computer using USB cable. Mount your storage and copy the downloaded zip files to the SD card of your tablet - don’t extract any files.
- Now disconnect USB cable and turn off your tablet.
- Next, boot into the recovery mode: switch off your device and then boot into bootloader. Once in bootloader, navigate to Recovery Mode using the volume keys.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM to get back to current state in case you don't like the new ROM. Select Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Perform wiping operations now: first select wipe data/factory reset > Yes and wait for a few minutes till the data wiping process is done. Come back to CWM recovery main menu and select wipe cache partition and after that Wipe Dalvik Cache to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
- Now select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard and locate the firmware file copied earlier. Select it by pressing the Power button. Confirm installation and wait for the procedure to be completed.
- Once the ROM is flashed, repeat the above step for installing GApps file. Once done, go back to main menu and press reboot system now to boot in to the new ROM.
Whoa! Your Nexus 10 is now up and running the latest Jelly Bean Android 4.2.2 based PACman custom ROM! Have fun playing with the new firmware and don't forget to give us your feedback.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter