How to Install Android Nougat Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Can't wait to try out Nougat on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4? Based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat, Emotion ROM is AOKP-based and offers fast and smooth Nougat experience right on your Note 4. Follow this guide for features, links and steps to update Note 4 to Android 7 Nougat custom ROM.
Emotion Android Nougat features
- Based on AOKP
- Based on Samsung Open Source Code
- ROM compatible with SM-N910F and SM-N910G
- OTA updates
- DU navigation bar
- PA Pie control
- Statusbar settings
- Theme chooser
- Wake Gestures (DT2W, DT2S, S2W, S2S)
- App circle bar
- Recents panel
- Clock widget
- LockScreen settings
- Notification drawer settings
- Hardware key settings
- All CM13 features
For more details, Marshmallow version of the ROM, or support and images, please visit the XDA thread.
Prerequisites to update Note 4 to Android 7.1.1 ROM
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 N910F as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Note 4 N910F to Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM
- Connect Galaxy Note 4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy Note 4.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From Recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Emotion Nougat custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Repeat the above step, but choose GApps instead of the ROM file.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Note 4 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Don't forget to let us know if you liked this custom ROM for your Galaxy Note 4 N910F.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter