Flash Android 5.1.1 AOSP Based AICP ROM on Galaxy Note 3 N900T – How to
Pure AOSP based and carrying popular CyanogenMod 12 features, AICP Android 5.1.1 custom firmware is now available for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Stable, smooth and carrying all CM12 components, here is how to update Note 3 N900T to Android 5.1.1 based AICP custom ROM.
- Recommended: Some of the popular Lollipop custom ROMs
AICP Android 5.1.1 Lollipop features:
- Compiled from Android Ice Cold Project: AICP sources.
- Version 9.0 Beta
- Initial release
- Android 5.1- R5
- Old Layout
- Proximity Call
- Add blocker
- Notification FC Disabler
- LCD Changer (persistent)
- Gesture Anywhere
- Recents Panel Settings
- App Circle Bar
- Network Traffic on statusbar
- Show CPU Info
- Boot animation changer
- CM Theme Engine
- Slim Launcher
- Slim’s Heads Up, with the ability to disable
- QS Screenshot Tile
- QS Screenrecord Tile
- QS Quick and Smart pull down
- QS WiFi Detailed Tile View
- CM12 features
Note: The link works with T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900T. You can follow the steps with other Samsung Galaxy devices, but do not use this ROM zip file with any other device.
Before you update Note 3 N900T to Android 5.1.1 AICP ROM:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900T must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Steps to update Note 3 N900T to Android 5.1.1 AICP ROM:
Required files: download AICP Android 5.1.1 for T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 N900T and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also download the Google Apps Package for your Note 3 from here.
- Connect Galaxy Note 3 N900T to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the AICP Android 5.1.1 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Once done, repeat the above step for installing Gapps on your smartphone.
- After installation is done successfully, return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Note 3 N900T into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.