Steps to Update Nexus 7 2013 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM
We shared with you steps to update your Nexus 7 to Android 7.0 Nougat based AICP custom ROM, along with several other ROMs based on Android 7.0. Looking forward to the latest deliciousness of Android 7.1.1 Nougat? You can now install the brand new and very popular NitrogenOS custom ROM on your Nexus 7 (2013). As a reminder, Nexus 7 (2013) will not get Android Nougat officially, which means you will have to do it the ROM-way. Following are the prerequisites and steps to update Nexus 7 2013 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat based NitrogenOS custom ROM.
Prerequisites to update Nexus 7 2013 to Android 7.1.1 NitrogenOS
- Download and install USB drivers for Nexus 7 (2013) on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Your Nexus device should be rooted.
- Make sure that TWRP recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Nexus carries more than 70% of charge.
Please visit this developer thread for complete changelog, support, and bug reports.
Steps to update Nexus 7 2013 to Android 7.1.1
- Connect your Nexus 7 (2013) to your PC using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your device.
- Disconnect your tablet and power it off.
- Now boot it into the Bootloader mode: press and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and the Power buttons simultaneously. Follow onscreen instructions and go to recovery. Once here, use Volume keys to highlight and Power to select.
- Data wipe operations: go to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Also, wipe cache partition and finally go for wipe dalvik cache to clean it up too.
- Now, select install and then choose zip from sdcard. Locate NitrogenOS Android 7.1.1 Nougat zip file and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for installing the GApps package.
- Once done, go back to main recovery menu and select reboot system now.
First boot may take over 5 minutes, so don’t be worried. Don’t forget to share your experience with the latest NitrogenOS Android 7.1.1 custom ROM for Nexus 7 (2013).