How to Install Android 7.1 Nougat Based CM 14.1 Custom ROM on LG G4
Based on Android 7.1 Nougat, CyanogenMod is now working on the latest version of their popular ROM. The official Nightly ROM is available for a few select devices, LG G4 being one of them. Follow these steps to update LG G4 to Android 7.1 Nougat based CM 14.1 custom ROM.
Update LG G4 to Android 7.1 Nougat based CM 14.1
- Backup any important data as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device.
- Your device must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your LG G4 must be charged to at least 70% of power.
Note: this is a Nightly build, which means there could be some issues with the ROM. Follow official site to stay updated.
How to update LG G4 to Android 7.1 CM 14.1 ROM
- Connect LG G4 to your PC using a data cable and copy the zip files to your device's SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and turn off your smartphone.
- Boot LG G4 into recovery mode: switch on your phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Power keys together.
- Perform wipe data operations: from recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Also clear wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- Go back to the main menu from the recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the CM 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat zip file and confirm the flashing process.
- When done, repeat the above step, but choose GApps package file instead of the firmware file.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your LG G4 into the new ROM. First boot takes a good few minutes, so please be patient.
Do you like the latest Nougat features paired with the famous CM wonders? Don't forget to let us know how the Nightly ROM behaves on your LG flagship smartphone.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter