Update HTC One to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Resurrection Remix ROM – How to
If you are still on the look out for a stable, smooth and fast custom firmware to flash on your HTC flagship smartphone, look no further. After we shared the popular TeamUB custom ROM with you, today's time for another equally popular and fast ROM - the Resurrection Remix Android 5.1.1 custom ROM for HTC.
To read further about the ROM and its extensive features, scroll down. You will also find an easy and simple guide to update HTC One to Android 5.1.1 based Resurrection Remix ROM.
Resurrection Remix Android 5.1.1 features:
- Navigation Bar
- Brightness Slider
- Enable/Disable Show Notification Count
- Clock Customizations
- Time & date
- Battery Bar customization
- Battery Icon Customization(circle/landscape/Potrait and more)
- Gestures Anywhere Feature
- Clock Widget
- Lockscreen Shortcuts
- Notification Drawer
- Quick Settings
- Backlight Timer
- Home Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
- Home Button Wake Up
- Home Button answer call
- LCD Density
- Expanded Desktop Mode
- All New CM Audio FX App
- Heads Up Customizations
- OverAll Smoothness Improvements
- Quick Unlock
- Optimizations to Improve Battery
- ALL CM12 features
- and many many more..
Prerequisites to update HTC One to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop:
- Backup any important data from your HTC One M8 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Install USB drivers for your HTC device. Check out this link.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Ensure that your HTC One M8's bootloader is unlocked and that you have a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 80% of power.
How to update HTC One to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Resurrection Remix:
- Download Resurrection Remix Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM for HTC One M8. Extract the boot.img file.
- Also download the GApps package for your device.
Here are the steps to help you update HTC One to Android 5.1.1 based Resurrection Remix custom firmware:
- Connect your HTC One to your computer using a USB cable and copy the ROM and GApps zip files to your phone’s SD card root folder.
- Copy / paste the boot.img file to the Android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your HTC device.
- Boot your device in the Bootloader mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power keys.
- Once in the Fastboot mode, navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory on your computer and open command prompt with Shift + Right-click combo and click on the Open Command Prompt.
- Type the following string into the window:
- fastboot flash boot boot.img and press Enter.
- Fastboot reboot - press Enter again.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and select Bootloader > go to Recovery.
- Once in recovery, perform wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- Also perform wipe cache partition followed by wipe dalvik cache (from Advanced).
- From recovery main menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Resurrection Remix Android 5.1.1 custom firmware file and confirm the flashing process.
- Once the ROM is flashed successfully, repeat the above step but select GApps package this time.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your HTC One M8 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Enjoy the new ROM with fresh feel of Lollipop.