Update HTC One M7 to AICP Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ROM – How to
You can now update your HTC One M7 to the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and enjoy its amazing features. One of the best custom ROMs, Android Ice Cold Project (AICP) is now available for HTC One packing all the CM12 features. Here is how to update HTC One to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based AICP stable and fast custom ROM.
AICP Android 5.1.1 lollipop features:
- Almost all CM features
- Proximity Call
- Add blocker
- Notification FC Disabler
- LCD Changer (persistent)
- Gesture Anywhere
- Recents Panel Settings
- App Circle Bar
- Network Traffic on statusbar
- Show CPU Info
- Boot animation changer
- CM Theme Engine
- Slim Launcher
- Slim’s Heads Up, with the ability to disable
- QS Sync Tile
- QS Screenshot Tile
- QS Screenrecord Tile
- QS Quick and Smart pull down
- QS WiFi Detailed Tile View
- QS Location Tile – Enable Advanced Settings
Prerequisites to update HTC One to AICP Android 5.1.1 custom ROM:
- Backup any important data from your HTC One M7 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Make sure ADB and Fastboot is configured on your PC.
- Your device must be rooted with unlocked bootloader and installed with a recovery tool.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update HTC One to AICP Android 5.1.1:
- Connect your One M7 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file and GApps to your phone memory's root folder.
- Copy the boot.img file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
- Switch off HTC One M7 and enter Bootloader mode: press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons.
- Once in the Fastboot mode, on your PC navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory and open Command Prompt with Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt.
- Type the following command and press Enter:
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Type the command and press Enter:
- fastboot reboot
- Follow onscreen instructions and select Bootloader.
- Enter in the Recovery Mode: switch on the phone while pressing the Volume Up button a few times.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- Also clean cache from wipe cache partition.
- From advanced, clean the dalvik cache as well - optional.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the AICP Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Once done, return back to main recovery menu and reboot your into the new custom ROM.
- First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Enjoy lollipop on your HTC One M7.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter